PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2009, 04:18 PM
In the state of confusion
Pocket PC: EVO ONE(M7), Galaxy S4
Carrier: Sprint

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc
Pre Reset on its Own

I have my Pre sitting on my touchstone at work when it just shut off and restarted on its own. I checked it and there were no updates that I could see that were done. Cards I had open were email, messaging, and AP. Has this happened to anyone else?

Old 07-21-2009, 11:35 PM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Pre Reset on its Own

That's a first I have not seen this my Pre has never reset on its own
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Old 07-22-2009, 12:31 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero

asapelectric is keeping up the good workasapelectric is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanmanc View Post
I have my Pre sitting on my touchstone at work when it just shut off and restarted on its own. I checked it and there were no updates that I could see that were done. Cards I had open were email, messaging, and AP. Has this happened to anyone else?
Yep, mine does it too, regularly. Sprint guy says its not normal.
Old 07-22-2009, 03:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2, Palm Pre, HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint "Simply Everything"

tx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Hasn't happened on my Pre yet. Are both of you experiencing this with the phone on the touchstone charger or off the charger?
Old 07-22-2009, 10:15 AM
Regular 'Geeker

asapelectric is keeping up the good workasapelectric is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_dbs_tx View Post
Hasn't happened on my Pre yet. Are both of you experiencing this with the phone on the touchstone charger or off the charger?
Mine is sometimes when I close the phone or just move it the wrong way. Nothing to do with the charger for me.
Old 07-22-2009, 11:59 AM
Threadstarter

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_dbs_tx View Post
This has only happened to me once that I have noticed and it was on the Touchstone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asapelectric View Post
Mine is sometimes when I close the phone or just move it the wrong way. Nothing to do with the charger for me.
Your problem is a loose battery. A temporary fix is to wedge some a piece of paper between the battery and the devices by the flap used to pull the battery out. The other is to take it to a Sprint store and let them know the issue. They have been replacing batteries for this issue.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-22-2009, 06:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
This has only happened to me once that I have noticed and it was on the Touchstone.

Your problem is a loose battery. A temporary fix is to wedge some a piece of paper between the battery and the devices by the flap used to pull the battery out. The other is to take it to a Sprint store and let them know the issue. They have been replacing batteries for this issue.
I'm afraid of being charged to fix it, I don't have $$ for it yet.
Old 07-22-2009, 06:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

defamed01 is keeping up the good workdefamed01 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
That happened to me, but only once. It was within the first couple of weeks when I bought it, and it reset itself after about 5 minutes on the Touchstone. I took it to Sprint, and after holding onto it for a couple of hours, they couldn't replicate it. It hasn't happened to me since. Really strange.
Old 07-22-2009, 07:57 PM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by asapelectric View Post
I'm afraid of being charged to fix it, I don't have $$ for it yet.
I don't think they will charge for this. It is a known issue with some Pres shipping with batteries that were slightly smaller causing this issue. Go to a corp store and find out for sure.
Old 07-22-2009, 09:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
I don't think they will charge for this. It is a known issue with some Pres shipping with batteries that were slightly smaller causing this issue. Go to a corp store and find out for sure.
Thanks, I will. So long as its only the battery, I also wasn't in a hurry to buy another skin to go over the Pre, either.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre