PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Palm Pre (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Pre Reset on its Own (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=75607)

sanmanc 07-21-2009 04:18 PM

Pre Reset on its Own

I have my Pre sitting on my touchstone at work when it just shut off and restarted on its own. I checked it and there were no updates that I could see that were done. Cards I had open were email, messaging, and AP. Has this happened to anyone else?

Big D5 07-21-2009 11:35 PM

Re: Pre Reset on its Own

That's a first I have not seen this my Pre has never reset on its own

asapelectric 07-22-2009 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanmanc (Post 1050072)
I have my Pre sitting on my touchstone at work when it just shut off and restarted on its own. I checked it and there were no updates that I could see that were done. Cards I had open were email, messaging, and AP. Has this happened to anyone else?

Yep, mine does it too, regularly. Sprint guy says its not normal.

tx_dbs_tx 07-22-2009 03:37 AM

Hasn't happened on my Pre yet. Are both of you experiencing this with the phone on the touchstone charger or off the charger?

asapelectric 07-22-2009 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tx_dbs_tx (Post 1051509)
Hasn't happened on my Pre yet. Are both of you experiencing this with the phone on the touchstone charger or off the charger?

Mine is sometimes when I close the phone or just move it the wrong way. Nothing to do with the charger for me.

sanmanc 07-22-2009 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tx_dbs_tx (Post 1051509)

This has only happened to me once that I have noticed and it was on the Touchstone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by asapelectric (Post 1051778)
Mine is sometimes when I close the phone or just move it the wrong way. Nothing to do with the charger for me.

Your problem is a loose battery. A temporary fix is to wedge some a piece of paper between the battery and the devices by the flap used to pull the battery out. The other is to take it to a Sprint store and let them know the issue. They have been replacing batteries for this issue.

asapelectric 07-22-2009 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanmanc (Post 1052013)
This has only happened to me once that I have noticed and it was on the Touchstone.

Your problem is a loose battery. A temporary fix is to wedge some a piece of paper between the battery and the devices by the flap used to pull the battery out. The other is to take it to a Sprint store and let them know the issue. They have been replacing batteries for this issue.

I'm afraid of being charged to fix it, I don't have $$ for it yet.

defamed01 07-22-2009 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanmanc (Post 1050072)

That happened to me, but only once. It was within the first couple of weeks when I bought it, and it reset itself after about 5 minutes on the Touchstone. I took it to Sprint, and after holding onto it for a couple of hours, they couldn't replicate it. It hasn't happened to me since. Really strange.

sanmanc 07-22-2009 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asapelectric (Post 1053138)
I'm afraid of being charged to fix it, I don't have $$ for it yet.

I don't think they will charge for this. It is a known issue with some Pres shipping with batteries that were slightly smaller causing this issue. Go to a corp store and find out for sure.

asapelectric 07-22-2009 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanmanc (Post 1053412)
I don't think they will charge for this. It is a known issue with some Pres shipping with batteries that were slightly smaller causing this issue. Go to a corp store and find out for sure.

Thanks, I will. So long as its only the battery, I also wasn't in a hurry to buy another skin to go over the Pre, either.