PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2009, 11:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

thegameksk is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Pre vs Blackberry

Hey guys. I currently have a touch pro which hardly works even though I never dropped the stupid thing. Anyway my contract is up in oct and I am trying to decide between the pre and a blackberry. Has anyone here used both of them? If so which do you like better? One thing that I like about the blackberry is that I can use my SERO plan on it (I think). So let me know your thoughts.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2, Palm Pre, HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint "Simply Everything"

tx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Pre vs Blackberry

Both devices are great. I have owned them all. I am currently using my new Palm Pre putting my Touch Pro on vacation. I think it depends on how you use your phone and what you need it to do.. I am definetelynot missing my laggy touch pro.. The Palm Pre has absolutely NO lag whatsoever and I never have to do soft reset other than after an update. The new BlackBerry Tour 9630 is out now but I don't have it yet. I'm sure it's a great phone but the BlackBerry web browser sucks that's why I don't want one again. Go find some reviews and specs on both and I would personally go with the Palm Pre. It's the device to have and it's literally waaaaaaaaaay better than a Touch Pro or BlackBerry. Plus there's going to be a LOT of improvements, updates, software, apps etc to come! Good Luck!
Old 07-21-2009, 11:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

thegameksk is a n00b

How is the pre with organizational tasks like planners and calendars? Ive heard bbs are great at that.
Old 07-22-2009, 12:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

thegameksk is a n00b

How is the pre with organizational tasks like planners and calendars? Ive heard bbs are great at that.
Old 07-22-2009, 12:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker

tx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Honestly I haven't used the calander yet, but I did see plenty of options to set appointments etc. and the ui looked great like the rest of the Pre's features. With everything coming to the Pre in the near future and the current BlackBerries soon becoming the "older" generation, I would lean towards the Pre because webos has TONS more potential. The Palm Pre will most definetely have the most developed apps/tools/etc that anyonone could ever want or need. Got to the Sprint Store and spend some time on their demo phones and you decide what is best for you. Email is EXCELLENT on the Palm Pre by the way. I thought BlackBerry could never be beat on handling email... well I was wrong because the Pre handles email great and even has instant push email like the BlackBerries as well as options for scheduled email sending/recieving if you choose. Deleting an email is a simple swipe of your finger and it's gone! Contacts handling is THE BEST I have ever seen on any phone! The Palm Pre has a backup feature along with your very own Palm profile so that you never lose your important information no matter what. The Pre is far more advanced than people realize and it hasn't even been fully "equipped" yet so you can imagine all the endless possibilities with WebOs. I have NO intentions of returning or exchanging my Palm Pre! I wouldn't dare exchange it for the new BlackBerry tour because I know that it has it's limits and personally I need a great multimedia device and right now the Pre can't be beat! Go see for yourself...try the youtube, web browser, vibrant capacitive touch screen, and pay attention to the completely lagg free WebOs and keyboard along with much better battery life and you will se what I'm talking about. The Pre is where it's at and will continue to be...don't miss out call customer support and inquire about a free early upgrade option!
Old 07-22-2009, 01:00 AM
VIP Droid
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 3D

Genjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuff
Send a message via Skype™ to Genjinaro

With the exception of the noticeable lack of paragraphs, I fully agree. Go Pre!
Old 07-22-2009, 01:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

thegameksk is a n00b

Old 07-22-2009, 01:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

thegameksk is a n00b

Sorry about all the triple posts. My internet is acting up. Thanks for the advice. I think im gonna look into early upgrade option.
Old 07-22-2009, 02:44 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Sound good... let us know if Sprint accomodates you.
Old 07-22-2009, 05:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

thegameksk is a n00b

Who would I talk to about the early upgrade? I talked to cs and they said they couldnt do it.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre