PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2009, 03:52 PM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Touchstone charger issues

Here is the deal I have the Touchstone charged I use at night at my bedside it works great accept 2 times now I wake up in the morning and my Pre has stopped charging. I look over and the screen is black and the Pre radio is running on roaming (I have great Sprint EVDO coverage at home) the only way to fix this and get things back to normal is a battery pull or key press reset. Is anyone else having this issue? What is causing this?
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Old 07-19-2009, 04:21 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Touchstone charger issues

I'm not having this issue, had the phone and touchstone since the middle of may, works great, I love the dim lit clock display, anyways it could be a bad battery or even something wrong with the door.

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"
Old 07-20-2009, 09:19 AM
In the state of confusion
Pocket PC: EVO ONE(M7), Galaxy S4

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc

I haven't had this isssue either. I would lean toward a bad batter door on this one.

Old 07-20-2009, 09:23 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

bridic is keeping up the good workbridic is keeping up the good work

The only problem I have is if the touchstone is hot, it will not charge properly in the car. Just need to keep it unplugged until it is needed.
Old 07-20-2009, 09:37 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100

no issues with either here D5

ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!
Old 07-21-2009, 11:55 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

Khaler is just getting started

I have two Touchstones, one at work, one in the boat. Both are working perfect for me.
Old 07-30-2009, 10:15 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, Palm Pre

jmelan is a n00b

i am considering purchasing the touchstone, but i use my phone as my alarm, so a dead phone in the AM would be very bad

is the reliability of the touchstone good enough to not be concerned? showing up late to work one day is not an option
Old 07-30-2009, 10:47 PM
Exigent Circumstance
Pocket PC: LG - G2x // P999
Carrier: T-Mobile ™

info[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmelan View Post
i am considering purchasing the touchstone, but i use my phone as my alarm, so a dead phone in the AM would be very bad

is the reliability of the touchstone good enough to not be concerned? showing up late to work one day is not an option
touchstone has worked very well for me, I only have one at the time plan on buying a second one. accessing the built in micro usb port on the pre is not a option. I dont like opening that several times a day. I get the feeling that it will break.

just speaking of the flap that cover the charge port on the phone...
Old 07-30-2009, 11:22 PM
In the state of confusion
Pocket PC: EVO ONE(M7), Galaxy S4

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc

I have had no issue with my touchstone either and I am also considering getting a second one.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-30-2009, 11:38 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, Palm Pre

jmelan is a n00b

i appreciate the feedback, i think i'll give it a try, i really don't like messing with the micro usb either
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre