PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Palm Pre (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Touchstone charger issues (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=75310)

Big D5 07-19-2009 03:52 PM

Touchstone charger issues

Here is the deal I have the Touchstone charged I use at night at my bedside it works great accept 2 times now I wake up in the morning and my Pre has stopped charging. I look over and the screen is black and the Pre radio is running on roaming (I have great Sprint EVDO coverage at home) the only way to fix this and get things back to normal is a battery pull or key press reset. Is anyone else having this issue? What is causing this?

nxtech3 07-19-2009 04:21 PM

Re: Touchstone charger issues

I'm not having this issue, had the phone and touchstone since the middle of may, works great, I love the dim lit clock display, anyways it could be a bad battery or even something wrong with the door.

sanmanc 07-20-2009 09:19 AM

I haven't had this isssue either. I would lean toward a bad batter door on this one.

bridic 07-20-2009 09:23 AM

The only problem I have is if the touchstone is hot, it will not charge properly in the car. Just need to keep it unplugged until it is needed.

Success100 07-20-2009 09:37 AM

no issues with either here D5

Khaler 07-21-2009 11:55 AM

I have two Touchstones, one at work, one in the boat. Both are working perfect for me.

jmelan 07-30-2009 10:15 PM

i am considering purchasing the touchstone, but i use my phone as my alarm, so a dead phone in the AM would be very bad

is the reliability of the touchstone good enough to not be concerned? showing up late to work one day is not an option

info[]box1 07-30-2009 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmelan (Post 1071842)
i am considering purchasing the touchstone, but i use my phone as my alarm, so a dead phone in the AM would be very bad

is the reliability of the touchstone good enough to not be concerned? showing up late to work one day is not an option

touchstone has worked very well for me, I only have one at the time plan on buying a second one. accessing the built in micro usb port on the pre is not a option. I dont like opening that several times a day. I get the feeling that it will break.

just speaking of the flap that cover the charge port on the phone...

sanmanc 07-30-2009 11:22 PM

I have had no issue with my touchstone either and I am also considering getting a second one.

jmelan 07-30-2009 11:38 PM

i appreciate the feedback, i think i'll give it a try, i really don't like messing with the micro usb either