PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2009, 05:20 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: palm pre
Carrier: sprint

mackgunz is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
broswer running very slow

i had my pre for about a week now at 1st it was running very quick now the broswer is going slow same speed if not slower then my htc touch pro 6.1 minus the frezing is there any way i can make it alil quicker and i only run 1 card at a time when im browsing the net
Old 07-10-2009, 06:46 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: broswer running very slow

change your phone info please.
Old 07-11-2009, 09:30 AM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Try reseting your Pre press Orange/Sym/R buttons at the same time.
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Old 07-14-2009, 07:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

diomark is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardiomark is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardiomark is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackgunz View Post
i had my pre for about a week now at 1st it was running very quick now the broswer is going slow same speed if not slower then my htc touch pro 6.1 minus the frezing is there any way i can make it alil quicker and i only run 1 card at a time when im browsing the net
Did you install the text autoreplace change by chance? Having too large an autoreplace file will significantly slow down the browser and emails.
-mark
Old 07-17-2009, 06:04 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: palm pre, going back to my htc diamond.

olgreg20 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
change your phone info please.
did you really have to reply to his quiestion with a nag? chill dude!

i also dont have an answer to your question, but im sure not going to nag at you becuase your out dated phone details "offended me." but i do have a question, im planning on upgrading to the pre, but i wanted to know how the performance was? dose it freeze like winmo devices do? hows the boot up speed? the reception etc etc?
Old 07-17-2009, 09:02 AM
In the state of confusion
Pocket PC: EVO ONE(M7), Galaxy S4
Carrier: Sprint

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc

Quote:
Originally Posted by olgreg20 View Post

i also dont have an answer to your question, but im sure not going to nag at you becuase your out dated phone details "offended me." but i do have a question, im planning on upgrading to the pre, but i wanted to know how the performance was? dose it freeze like winmo devices do? hows the boot up speed? the reception etc etc?
Read reviews here:
Official Palm Pre User Review Thread

Read Tips for Searching here:
Tips for Searching

Read PPCgeeks.com rules here:
PPCGeeks.com Rules (Updated 06-08-09)

Old 07-20-2009, 04:59 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2, Palm Pre, HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint "Simply Everything"

tx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by olgreg20 View Post

Performance of the Palm Pre blows Windows Mobile away!!! Seriously. Absolutely NO lag in the WebOS!!! The keyboard has ZERO lag as well. Say "goodbye" to LAG, FREEZES, and frequent resets!!! I get great signal strength and it's actually better now on my new Pre. I'm not missing my TP yet. The Pre is the phone to have... read up on the reviews and features to decide if it will work for you. Email is EXCELLENT by the way... I could go on but you get the idea.

Last edited by tx_dbs_tx; 07-20-2009 at 05:01 AM.
Old 07-20-2009, 09:46 AM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackgunz View Post
clear out your cache, cookies, and history. Then reset.

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre