PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2009, 05:58 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: a Pre-tty amazing phone
Carrier: Sprizzle

kanesis is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Centro battery in palm pre

Besides eveyone saying not to do it i did it. I actually was duped by a online seller sayin he had palm pre batterys and when i recived them they said centro. Good news is i bought 2 and have used them about 6 times each and no problems whatsoever at all. they fit and look exactly the same. contact parts on centro battery are a hair bigger than palms. I dont know if you will have same results or not. so if it ends up some how messing up your pre dont chase me down.

sometimes i believe people scare you because theres money to be made.

Last edited by kanesis; 07-01-2009 at 06:01 AM.
Old 07-01-2009, 06:53 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Centro battery in palm pre

Probably smarter to just use a Pre battery.
Old 07-01-2009, 07:16 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

stoney05 is a n00b

sprint and palm say not to use the battery..

there is something different about the battery that causes the pre to not actually 'sleep'

there is a thread about this on precentral
Old 07-01-2009, 09:04 AM
In the state of confusion
Pocket PC: EVO ONE(M7), Galaxy S4

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc

I was told last week by a tech at Sprint that there is a chip in the Pre battery that controls the power state in sleep mode. He also said the Centro battery will shorten the life span of the Pre. I was thinking of using the battery in my 800w as a spare but decided not to after hearing this. I haven't had the need for a spare yet but when I do I'll probably just get an OEM from Palm.

Old 07-01-2009, 11:32 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung epic + Samsung galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff

all rumors are untrue we been using 2 centro batteries for our pre and so far NO issues. Only isue we had was when we got them initially and the pre showed a question mark but once the batteries were charged we've had 0 problems. Goes to sleep lasts longer on those then the original battery so we happy.
Old 07-01-2009, 12:51 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajac View Post
all rumors are untrue we been using 2 centro batteries for our pre and so far NO issues. Only isue we had was when we got them initially and the pre showed a question mark but once the batteries were charged we've had 0 problems. Goes to sleep lasts longer on those then the original battery so we happy.
i dont think that two multi-million if not billion dollar companies(sprint/palm) would make a big deal of it if were "untrue".

does it work? yes, but im not puttin a centro battery in my pre, not gonna happen

ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!
Old 07-01-2009, 02:18 PM
In the state of confusion
Pocket PC: EVO ONE(M7), Galaxy S4

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajac View Post

I wouldn't consider it a rumor if it is coming from both the manufacturer and retailer. The Pre may appear to be working fine with it but there is no telling what kind of damage it may cause the unit in the long run. I'm sill not taking any chances.
Old 07-02-2009, 10:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Mogul --> Touch Pro(Running PhantomRom)

GREY.FOXX is keeping up the good workGREY.FOXX is keeping up the good workGREY.FOXX is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to GREY.FOXX Send a message via Skype™ to GREY.FOXX

I will not do this, its like a new experimental drug giving to someone. May work at first and things may seem better, but the long run risk may tear you apart.
Old 07-05-2009, 08:57 AM
Lurker
Carrier: sprint

philb is a n00b

I've been using centro battery as backup. I charge them in centro battery charger (bought batteries and charger from Ebay, less then $20 for 2 batteries and charger) I have 2 PRE batteries as well (they too charge in charger). I went as far as cancling my Touch Stone order, $70 (yes there are deals for $50 or $60) but I found I just want charged batteries to USE PRE, not impress anyone how I charged them. I'm enjoying all the toys PRE has to offer and I have had n0 issues with batteries.
Old 07-05-2009, 11:21 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: a Pre-tty amazing phone
Carrier: Sprizzle
Threadstarter

kanesis is just getting started

Ok this is a electircal thing so lets compare apples and oranges the centros are 3.7volts and 1050mAH whats the pre batteries specs? the volts are whats important not miliamps=mAH the miliamps are the total capacity of the battery also breaks down into cells extended batterys will have more miliamps.

intresting http://www.everythingpre.com/forum/p...pre-20540.html

im the kinda person that thinks its about sales more than about the phone. why would you admit the battery works fine when your making a different but identical battery and selling for 30 bucks a pop. You wouldnt because your trying to make sales off of the new battery. But thats the conspiracy theorists in me.

Last edited by kanesis; 07-05-2009 at 11:50 AM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre