PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2009, 05:33 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: touch pro, tp2, epic, evo x2
Carrier: D/\SH_SPEED

D/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Palm Pre & Touch Pro Face Off

I hope everyone had a great Independence Day, had fun, and were safe. Before going to the fireworks I had the thought of battery life between my HTC Touch Pro And My Palm Pre. (Thanks again to Sprint, CNET, and Palm) Being a user that needs a battery to last under harsh conditions this is a very important factor on what device will be active on my account. Being a Windows Mobile fanatic I must admit it's weird being a noob again. The operating system just keeps getting better as I find new features throughout the device. Per examples, the g-sensor is very accurate and smooth unlike my Touch Pro which can be choppy at points if multiple processes are running in the background. The light sensor just amazes me, when my phone falls asleep i can just hold my hand over the ear piece than move to turn the device on. The sensor is also great since when you put the phone to your face it automatically turns the screen off so the user doesn't get buttons pressed. (when removed from your face the light turns back on.) Without further ado here are the results from my little test, and remember that these results are with both phones at 1 bar of service and calling eachother from a full 100%charge.

As you can see both devices are at 100% battery life:

After 20 minutes battery life for both devices was at 90%

After 60 minutes the Palm Pre had 74% while the Pro only had 60%

After 1 hour 42 minutes the Pre was at 56% while the Touch Pro was at 40%

Finally the ending time as the icing on the cake
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 07-06-2009, 01:15 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Carrier: Sprint

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
Re: Palm Pre & Touch Pro Face Off

Since D/\SH won a free Pre from the good folks at Palm...and since he promised us some reviews of his Pre...I'm gonna move this to the Pre forum. Keep the reviews coming!

late,
Coz
Old 07-06-2009, 01:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

kevinb13 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to kevinb13

So far I'm really liking the Pre. I only have a few girpes which consist of not being able to change the text alerts, the little bit of lag/sluggishness when scrolling through contacts or long lists of items, and my biggest concern is the build quality. Personally, I have not had a single issue but the overall feel of the phone is cheap when compared to other devices in the same price range. My biggest concern would be the phone lasting the length of my contract.
Old 07-06-2009, 01:53 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Diamond

ajk511 is keeping up the good workajk511 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to ajk511 Send a message via MSN to ajk511

Nice write up Dash.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-06-2009, 05:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre baby!

z28marols1 is keeping up the good workz28marols1 is keeping up the good work

This is a subject that I for one am very concerned about. Does anyone else have some real world comparisons for the touch pro vs pre? I currently have to change my touch pros battery once before i get home to make it through an entire day with mostly texting (prolly 50/day min) push email and almost no talking. If I talk/browse more than a few minutes I will use a good chunk of the second battery before I get home. This is a deciding factor for me so if anybody else has some good feedback please share!
Old 07-06-2009, 05:44 PM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static

How long have U been Using the TP and how long have you been using the Pre. I'm sure U didn't get the 2 phones at the same time.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=15833021835
Old 07-06-2009, 05:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

kidmet is keeping up the good workkidmet is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to kidmet Send a message via Yahoo to kidmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post
As you can see both devices are at 100% battery life:

After 20 minutes battery life for both devices was at 90%

After 60 minutes the Palm Pre had 74% while the Pro only had 60%

Finally the ending time as the icing on the cake

Problem is that you aren't running the TP as stock. Is the Pre stock?
Old 07-06-2009, 05:48 PM
In the state of confusion
Pocket PC: EVO ONE(M7), Galaxy S4

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc

I don't have a TP but I can tell you what I've used with my Pre. I have my hotmail set to check for new messages every 10 mins and yahoo and gmail every hour. I have used my Pre all day with several phone calls and browsing the web without having to charge it on a number of occasions, especially on weekends. Of course I do turn off bluetooth when I don't need it. There are times though that I will watch a DVD or listen to Pandora and of course that will drain the battery much quicker.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-06-2009, 06:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre baby!

z28marols1 is keeping up the good workz28marols1 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanmanc View Post
I don't have a TP but I can tell you what I've used with my Pre. I have my hotmail set to check for new messages every 10 mins and yahoo and gmail every hour. I have used my Pre all day with several phone calls and browsing the web without having to charge it on a number of occasions, especially on weekends. Of course I do turn off bluetooth when I don't need it. There are times though that I will watch a DVD or listen to Pandora and of course that will drain the battery much quicker.

I see you have/had a mogul. Whats your comparison between it and the pre?
Old 07-08-2009, 12:21 AM
randyist

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

A good assumption would be that the Battery in the Touch Pro is a little older than the Pre's... ?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre