PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2009, 02:38 PM
Exigent Circumstance
Pocket PC: LG - G2x // P999
Carrier: T-Mobile ™

info[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Tour for Pre?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rell0202 View Post
Thinking about giving up the Pre for the tour? things are happening to slow! about time things start rolling! 5 new phones will be out!!!

I need some feedback!
Getting my Tour lastnite or tomorrow, but Im not giving up my Pre for it...
Old 08-12-2009, 01:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Treo Pro, Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

K & M Computers is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to K & M Computers

Ehh, the tour is like every other blackberry out there. I didnt see anything exceptional about it.
Old 08-12-2009, 11:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2, Palm Pre, HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint "Simply Everything"

tx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by K & M Computers View Post
Ehh, the tour is like every other blackberry out there. I didnt see anything exceptional about it.
That's very true. Same ol' same ol'. Yes the tour has a faster processor and upgraded display but other than that and the overall cosmetic changes it's still like all the previous blackberries with a crappy web browser and media player. And yes I am a big time Blackberry fan.

Last edited by tx_dbs_tx; 08-12-2009 at 11:44 PM.
Old 08-13-2009, 02:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: DELL VOSTRO 1500
Carrier: VERIZON, VODAPHONE A LA CARTE

PETERPNYC is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rell0202 View Post
LOL YA BUDDY! I got the Tour going full time as my head performer and i give it a standing ovation!!!=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>

Hope I am posting in the right place. I see ** Pre for Tour and I am considering exchanging Treo 650 (PLUS AUDIOVOX) for Tour . Here is my set of problems. thoughts TIA

Is there any way to get a CDMA GSM combo like the BB tour unlocked. I am on month to month with VZ since my contract was up a year ago.

I now have an old VZ flip phone and a Palm teo 650 that I use as a PDA here and a PDA/ phone in Greece. I would love to consolidate the 2 phones and sync to my NYC laptop and Greek laptop. Now using Palm Desktop on both but I would be willing to to switch to using outlook, or balckberry desktop if they sync via USB cable for my PIM info I think ? Never had anything but Palm desktop for the last 10 years or so, thus I dont know for certain I don’t know for certain.

My PIM info and calendar is very important to me , especially in Greece when I do not always go back home to my laptop every day to look at my calendar , memos etc . I do not need nor want to sync online , I prefer the old USB cable type.

I would like to get a CDMA GSM, TOur or any other suggested phone that VZ will accept without a contract as I am now, and that I can pop in my Vodaphone A La Carte sim card when I am in Greece. Also I would like wifi without adding data plan .
I see a lot of you guys mentyion that you have more than one phone. Does that mean you change them withing the same plan or pay for the 2 differenet phones monthly?
Old 08-13-2009, 10:50 PM
Exigent Circumstance
Pocket PC: LG - G2x // P999
Carrier: T-Mobile ™

info[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIP

Just my 0.02 cents and personal opinion...I own a Pre and love it but will be going to the BB Tour full time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K & M Computers View Post
K & M I agree somewhat with you... Blackberrys are devices which stay in suit, outfit, with RIM's original all around design.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_dbs_tx View Post
That's very true. Same ol' same ol'. Yes the tour has a faster processor and upgraded display but other than that and the overall cosmetic changes it's still like all the previous blackberries with a crappy web browser and media player. And yes I am a big time Blackberry fan.
tx_dbs_tx...the overall hardware being the body of the Blackberry is great step for CDMA. CDMA(sprint/verizon) finally get a upgraded visual, GSM got their last year with the Bold and 8900. More RAM memory, faster processor, upgraded display higher resolution this was a major move for CDMA. Web browser and media player I think is pretty cool. I moved the trackball cursor to the title of the thread and see a preview of the orginal post. This is a good desktop browser feature on a mobile device.

I agree RIM didnt reach too far is certain aspects. But they dont need to, they still produce some of the best devices for messaging. We all know that RIM's blackberry have some of the most solidest hardware, software plus OS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PETERPNYC View Post
Hope I am posting in the right place. I see ** Pre for Tour and I am considering exchanging Treo 650 (PLUS AUDIOVOX) for Tour . Here is my set of problems. thoughts TIA

Is there any way to get a CDMA GSM combo like the BB tour unlocked. I am on month to month with VZ since my contract was up a year ago. [/COLOR][/FONT]
As far as GSM and CDMA wrapped up in one this is it. Since the Tour is a Curve and World edition combined so to speak. I know that the Tour is fully able to be unlock for GSM US. Best keep secret is half the battle is already done out the box
Old 08-14-2009, 04:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm pre

will5204 is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to will5204

ok i think it's time to put the truth out there about the palm pre...as of right now, the pre is no where near as good as the touch pro, which i should have never gave up for the palm pre, but since i did, i know its only a matter of time before all the smart ppcgeeks out there get as board with this phone as i am and start making some things happen with this phone. 1st WE NEED AN ONSCREEN KEYBOARD! 2nd we need a way to be able to type a persons name on the dial pad without sliding out the tiny tiny keyboard. 3rd a way to watch streaming video would be great!
Old 08-14-2009, 05:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo

M2Iceman is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by will5204 View Post
ok i think it's time to put the truth out there about the palm pre...as of right now, the pre is no where near as good as the touch pro, which i should have never gave up for the palm pre, but since i did, i know its only a matter of time before all the smart ppcgeeks out there get as board with this phone as i am and start making some things happen with this phone. 1st WE NEED AN ONSCREEN KEYBOARD! 2nd we need a way to be able to type a persons name on the dial pad without sliding out the tiny tiny keyboard. 3rd a way to watch streaming video would be great!

Posted today in a couple sites that its almost here, stand by for the on screen keyboard!

If you look at some of the homebrews, Quick Contacts is what you're looking for. I just added it today!

Streaming video, matter of time.

I switched over from a fully hacked Diamond and I understand it will take some time to get those types of programs on the Pre. Im patient and love the Pre, just need a bigger battery because I use it so much. I've played with the Tour, its like every other BB, wasnt too impressed but to each his own. Im liking the Pre and cant wait for whats in the future for this phone.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre