PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2009, 07:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

nuzzle is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint messing with me...

So I got the Palm Pre... however I cannot activate it because my free and clear area wide plan with unlimited data is not acceptable.
I don't get how an unlimited data plan is any different then the "simply everything plan" the only differences are the minutes included... I have 1000, and they offer unlimited. Big whoop.. not worth over 35$

I looked at the "Everything Plus 1000" plan, but I need a sprint employee to hook me up... I know someone here works for sprint, so send me a PM or an IM on AIM (munkeyspaz) and hook me up with it.... The only things additional that I would need is my 25% employee discount, Insurance and my roadside rescue...

Anyone??

Last edited by CozBoogie; 07-08-2009 at 09:19 PM.
Old 07-08-2009, 07:19 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community
Re: Sprint ****ing me over...

it IS possible that they lock the pre to certain plans. its probably built into their system that way. trust me, they dont make commission from a price plan change.

for ur sake i hope not. but i work at verizon and some phones dont work on some plans.

If I helped ya or If you like my work, I don't want donations, I don't want coffee, but a simple THANKS
would do the trick!
Old 07-08-2009, 10:38 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82
Re: Sprint messing with me...

I used to work at Sprint, and I can tell you that syanni is probably right. You can't have a SERO plan with the Pre, so I'm sure they are forcing all Pre owners onto their newer plans to phase out the older ones. I've seen this before when I worked there, although I can't remember the phones they did it for.

And a Sprint employee won't be able to hook you up. The block is built into their system and there's probably not a way around it. Your best bet might be to call retentions, they might be the only ones to get around it.
Old 07-09-2009, 12:07 AM
domo arigato mr roboto
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

good thing the let you know before you purchased the phone.
Mindfrost, several years when I purchased the Motorola Razr from Sprint, they made me change from one data plan to the next, claiming that the Razr wasn't 1x compatible and could only do EVDO, funny thing... my area still does not have EVDO!!!
Old 07-09-2009, 12:09 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Just like the Instink!
Old 07-09-2009, 08:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

ldostang is keeping up the good workldostang is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephant007 View Post
good thing the let you know before you purchased the phone.
Mindfrost, several years when I purchased the Motorola Razr from Sprint, they made me change from one data plan to the next, claiming that the Razr wasn't 1x compatible and could only do EVDO, funny thing... my area still does not have EVDO!!!
lol. they told me the same thing like 2 years ago when i got my htc touch. they wanted me to change my plan cause the "phone takes advantage of faster data speeds" so i needed evdo. i told him "but we dont even have evdo here in laredo." so i was able to keep my plan.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:51 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfrost82 View Post
I used to work at Sprint, and I can tell you that syanni is probably right. You can't have a SERO plan with the Pre, so I'm sure they are forcing all Pre owners onto their newer plans to phase out the older ones. I've seen this before when I worked there, although I can't remember the phones they did it for.

And a Sprint employee won't be able to hook you up. The block is built into their system and there's probably not a way around it. Your best bet might be to call retentions, they might be the only ones to get around it.
right, its a system limitation, just like the instinct had, no way around it.

@syanni- long time no hear bruh, but im pretty sure call center reps get paid for plan changes, in the retail store we get paid off of rate plan changes. i.e. we make about 10 bucks everytime we switch someone to the simpl everything plan

ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!
Old 07-09-2009, 11:38 AM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Success100 View Post
right, its a system limitation, just like the instinct had, no way around it.

@syanni- long time no hear bruh, but im pretty sure call center reps get paid for plan changes, in the retail store we get paid off of rate plan changes. i.e. we make about 10 bucks everytime we switch someone to the simpl everything plan
i feel ya man.. we at vzw kinda have the same kinda thing, we get $25 bucks for writing up a Data card.

So sprint spiffs on the simply everything plan... not to shabby considering alot of people end up getting that.

"long time no hear" cuz i jumped ship for a BB Storm lol... needless to say, i ship jumped once again and now rockin an Omnia. Good to be back
Old 07-09-2009, 08:54 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100

Quote:
Originally Posted by syanni85 View Post
i feel ya man.. we at vzw kinda have the same kinda thing, we get $25 bucks for writing up a Data card.

So sprint spiffs on the simply everything plan... not to shabby considering alot of people end up getting that.

"long time no hear" cuz i jumped ship for a BB Storm lol... needless to say, i ship jumped once again and now rockin an Omnia. Good to be back
yeah i feel you, that storm is a POS. I still have my diamond its actually up for sale tho, i have a Pre now. A little bored right now, but this bad boy is cold! waiting for the SDK to come out. Glad your back dude!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-10-2009, 08:44 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC PRO

shawn.pink is a n00b

We didnt get paid for plan changes in ATS
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre