PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2009, 01:39 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100
Re: its was a nice 5 day ride!!but!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhite4801 View Post
how can the TP2 not impress. With that screen size and resolution it is going to look beautiful.
yeah but its still going to be resistive. im not considering any more HTC WM devices until they switch to capacitive

ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!
Old 07-08-2009, 04:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

xfliiboyy is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhite4801 View Post
how can the TP2 not impress. With that screen size and resolution it is going to look beautiful.
jus lik da diamond nd pro 1 its only gonna hav 65000 colors in it compared to da pre nd 3gs which has 16m colors
Old 07-10-2009, 10:04 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfliiboyy View Post
jus lik da diamond nd pro 1 its only gonna hav 65000 colors in it compared to da pre nd 3gs which has 16m colors
do u honestly think you can tell the difference between 65k colors and 16 million?
Old 07-11-2009, 07:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G/Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

nicandalf is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcduffer View Post
Guess Im one of the lucky ones. Bought mine June 6th and have had none of the issues some are experiencing. Simply flawless. Very little slop on keyboard, no dead pixels or stuff coming apart or falling off. Guess I just got a good one.
I got mine the day it came out as well and haven't had any problems either.

HTC Mogul --> Palm Prē --> HTC EVO 4G
Old 07-13-2009, 03:57 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

MrNolan is just getting started

I must admit, this phone is pretty fragile but damn.... even after dropping it and my GF twisting it while looking for the keyboard, it still works fine and looks like a million bucks.
Old 07-14-2009, 07:22 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: RazrMaxx
Carrier: vzw

cbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I went into a sprint store with the idea of probably getting a pre along with signing up for new service. I thought the pre to look cheap and plasticky. When closed it does look nice. but open , NOT. Anyway, just my take. I liked the bigger screen. Ended up with a touch pro. It is very solidly built and while it has been out for awhile it does get the job done. Battery life is another story. Wow! Eats it up. I'll probably hang in there with it until the TP2 arrives on the scene. There are not alot of choices out there if you desire a bigger screen,2.8 minimum. I miss gsm and buying unlocked for that reason. The faster data rocks the tradeoff tho.=D>
Old 07-14-2009, 05:03 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTV EVO
Carrier: VZW

caleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcaleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcaleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to caleb02 Send a message via MSN to caleb02 Send a message via Yahoo to caleb02

pre is were its all going, sprint will gimp other phones i think as to make pre the must have phone or been seen as uncool and so 19th century. Sprint will push the pre down to eveyone... i could see a pre model with out a keyboard and calling it the pre diamond! I love my htc touch diamond but think that the pre is so good, that i want one, but it would be hard to get it on vzw and my sprint diamond is on vzw and vzw closed the *228 and only 1 person claims to have a pre on the vzw network...
Old 07-19-2009, 02:21 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

love the pre, ive dropped the thing i dont know how many times, a few scratches here and there but everything is still nice and tight. Hate the BB, but i will sell the heck out of them though lol

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"
Old 07-20-2009, 03:50 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2, Palm Pre, HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint "Simply Everything"

tx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I have BlackBerries, The Touch Pro, Touch Diamond, and I recently bought me a brand new Palm Pre. The Pre is a super nice device and the screen resolution, clarity and capacitive touch is literally the best. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than the TP resistive touch screen even with 640X480 resolution. The fact is Windows Mobile will probably never have a capacitive touch screen simply because capacitive technology works with the electrons in your finger's touch and a stylus or fingernail will not work. Also capacitive does not have the accuracy needed in order to press the tiny tabs and buttons in the Windows Mobile interface, therefore it's not feasable to use capacitive screens on a Windows Mobile device. Resistive is a more pinpoint accurate technology with the dual layer screen and stylus input. Enough of that... I want to know how the OP's Palm Pre simply "fell apart"???!!! I am trying to visualize the volume key just falling off with normal use..... I still can't see that happening. Well on second thought the money back in his pocket seemed to be a determining factor in keeping or returning the Pre so most likely the Pre fell apart because it was assembled by a Fisher Price toy tester and the QC dept happened to be on strike that week. Darn the bad luck... Well at least we all have ZERO problems with our Palm Pre's!!! As stated a few post up, the Palm Pre will be Sprint's #1 device and it has a LOT in store for us in the near future. It has nearly endless possibilities and with the new MOJO SDK fully released, all I can say is look out!!! There's no way i'm going to miss out on all the Pre action that's coming!!! Oh by the way, those of you (like myself) that are missing some of the more basic functions on the Pre such as flash in the web browser, lacking the ability to assign custom alert tones, etc, be patient it will be addressed in future updates.
Loving my Palm Pre!!!

Last edited by tx_dbs_tx; 07-20-2009 at 03:53 AM.
Old 07-22-2009, 02:09 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO

hiero4life is a n00b

I used a Pre for 35 days before I let my wife have it, we got it launch day and have had zero problems. I went back to my diamond and I miss the Pre. I really like Web OS too, bad I want something with a bigger screen so it's more then likely that I'll get the TP2.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre