PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Palm Pre (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   DASH's RocketFish Palm Pre Case & Holster Unboxing And Initial Response (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=73655)

D/\SH 07-03-2009 07:54 PM

DASH's RocketFish Palm Pre Case & Holster Unboxing And Initial Response

tell me what you guys think :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCO_dg5T64k

scrambler7 07-04-2009 02:12 AM

Re: DASH's RocketFish Palm Pre Case & Holster Unboxing And Initial Response

nice review and cool that you got it for free.

i also noticed your videos comparing the pre browser to skyfire and opera 9.7 turbo. you do realize that those two WM browsers are using server side compression, right? that's not a fair comparison. you should just be comparing the pre browser to opera mobile so you can just compare webkit browser to webkit browser.

D/\SH 07-04-2009 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrambler7 (Post 1013693)
nice review and cool that you got it for free.

i also noticed your videos comparing the pre browser to skyfire and opera 9.7 turbo. you do realize that those two WM browsers are using server side compression, right? that's not a fair comparison. you should just be comparing the pre browser to opera mobile so you can just compare webkit browser to webkit browser.

ive done that also but people wanted skyfire and yes i realized that thanks :)

klubhead 07-04-2009 12:04 PM

Nice dash.. im actually thinkin about getting this now.. i'll wait for your 'week later' review lol..

thanks though.. good insight so far

asapelectric 07-05-2009 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by klubhead (Post 1014084)
Nice dash.. im actually thinkin about getting this now.. i'll wait for your 'week later' review lol..

thanks though.. good insight so far

Yeah, me too. Let us know ! I looked at that, tried it out, but wasnt sure, still. I noticed getting it out of the protective case was a serious challenge.

D/\SH 07-05-2009 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asapelectric (Post 1015236)
Yeah, me too. Let us know ! I looked at that, tried it out, but wasnt sure, still. I noticed getting it out of the protective case was a serious challenge.

i found it makes it very easy to go by the clips that hold it on and just life them up a little and will slide right off pretty easily.... i find it to be an easier task than taking that fangled battery cover off sometimes.... (especially when hands are busy.)

asapelectric 07-05-2009 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D/\SH (Post 1015473)
i found it makes it very easy to go by the clips that hold it on and just life them up a little and will slide right off pretty easily.... i find it to be an easier task than taking that fangled battery cover off sometimes.... (especially when hands are busy.)

Which way holds in the holster better, frontside in, or frntside out? Couldnt really tell from video.

ajk511 07-05-2009 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asapelectric (Post 1015522)
Which way holds in the holster better, frontside in, or frntside out? Couldnt really tell from video.

looked like front side out holds better.

Dash do you think you could fit it over an invisishield? I've read some review of the rocketfish case scratching up with pre.

spiritcrusher33 07-05-2009 07:47 PM

i can confirm the rocketfish does not work with the full body or just the front cover invisishield!!! now if u cut it exactly to fit inside the opening of the cover where it wont overlap. then it will work....Im gonna go buy the 3 pack that u cut yourself and try that way..

D/\SH 07-05-2009 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asapelectric (Post 1015522)

they hold it the same way and are just as strong either way..... just wouldnt recommend walking around everywhere with it on your hip where you cant even see it screen out.