PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2009, 04:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc diamond
Carrier: sprint pcs

corleone401 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
30 day trial coming to an end! What to do!

My 30 day trial is coming to an end so what do I do. I still have my diamond. Any opinions on this? Should I keep my pre or take it back and go back to my diamond. The pre is a great phone, but I just wish the apps were here. The diamond is unlimited. What should I do?
Old 07-03-2009, 04:48 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: 30 day trial coming to an end! What to do!

the apps will be available, when WinMo first came out there wasnt that many apps available, but now there are millions, The Pre will shine pretty soon. i would wait, if you like the phone. You can always go back and forth to get your WinMo fix. i carry a Pre and a Diamond (and a TP) just so i can have the best of both worlds.

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"
Old 07-03-2009, 07:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I wish I had the money to keep both. I think I love the pre to much to let go now that I think about it. Appreciate the rundown.
Old 07-03-2009, 09:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Prē
Carrier: Sprint

klubhead is becoming a great contributor

i can't imagine going back to the laggy interface of winmo.. def. stay w/ the pre IMO
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-03-2009, 11:01 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100

my beloved diamond has taken a back seat...about to go up for sale, this is coming from a looooooong time wimmo user/hacker

ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!
Old 07-04-2009, 12:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by klubhead View Post
i can't imagine going back to the laggy interface of winmo.. def. stay w/ the pre IMO
You are definitely right about that. Lol.
Old 07-04-2009, 12:29 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxtech3 View Post
the apps will be available, when WinMo first came out there wasnt that many apps available, but now there are millions, The Pre will shine pretty soon. i would wait, if you like the phone. You can always go back and forth to get your WinMo fix. i carry a Pre and a Diamond (and a TP) just so i can have the best of both worlds.
dang, I wish I had enough $ to have all of those.
maybe one day. haha.

I'm definitely waiting for a different phone that will have webos.
I don't like the keyboard and no sdcard.
ya 8gigs is a lot, but I personally need more.
but otherwise I like webos, and will be looking forward to more phones with the OS.
Old 07-04-2009, 01:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre/Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

scrambler7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscrambler7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscrambler7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscrambler7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by corleone401 View Post
My 30 day trial is coming to an end so what do I do. I still have my diamond. Any opinions on this? Should I keep my pre or take it back and go back to my diamond. The pre is a great phone, but I just wish the apps were here. The diamond is unlimited. What should I do?
dance. give me one million dollars. eat a cookie. any of these things would be acceptable to do.

have you tried using your diamond since using the pre? i got into hacking my diamond and cooking roms for it and got it to what i thought was a great phone. 6.5 improved a lot of the scrolling and helped improve the UI a tiny bit. touch response was really good and after stripping a lot of things and tweaking the registry, the phone was fast. i spent hours/days/weeks/months getting the phone the way i wanted, skinned the way i wanted. new sys's came out all the time with 6.5 as it got closer to a release candidate and it was exciting and fun to recook and reflash. and then it got tiring.

the pre comes out and i start using it and guess what? no need to tweak it to make it perform the way i want. the screen is amazingly responsive and is what a touchscreen should be. even though the keyboard gets hated on, i really like it. after using it, i can't go back to the diamond's onscreen keyboard, no matter how nice fingerkeyboard or the rhodium SIPs were. the pre is fun to use without putting any work into it. the diamond was only fun to use after putting work into it (which i have to say is part of the fun of WM though, haha - but it does get tiring). sure, i lose tons of functionality switching from WM to webOS, but a lot of that is bound to come once the sdk is released and even with it missing, i'm sticking with the pre.

until the touch pro 2 comes out, and then...well, we'll see...
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre