PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2009, 12:22 AM
N00b

Chief85 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Pre price drop?

My friend was asking me about the Pre, and she said that a Sprint rep told her that there was going to be a price change on July 11 in response to the new Iphone. Obviously they aren't going to raise the price... Apparently he claimed not to know the details.

Anyone else heard about this?
Old 07-02-2009, 12:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Intrepid
Carrier: The Now Network

rafyrod is keeping up the good workrafyrod is keeping up the good workrafyrod is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to rafyrod
Re: Pre price drop?

sound good to me! but why would they lower the price if they getting a lot of demand to the phone, if not then compete with the iphone to get more competitive....
Old 07-02-2009, 12:39 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ
Carrier: Sprint

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

final push before the new htc.
also sprint/palm are hitting baseball hard, All-Star game is the 14th.

Last edited by shaggylive; 07-02-2009 at 12:41 AM.
Old 07-02-2009, 01:15 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief85 View Post
My friend was asking me about the Pre, and she said that a Sprint rep told her that there was going to be a price change on July 11 in response to the new Iphone. Obviously they aren't going to raise the price... Apparently he claimed not to know the details.

Anyone else heard about this?
This is absurd even if it is true. They already don't have enough stock to meet the demand.
Old 07-02-2009, 01:16 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Chief85 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drybonz View Post
This is absurd even if it is true. They already don't have enough stock to meet the demand.
Perhaps that was his way of getting her to hold off on buying until then? I don't know though, unless he flat out just doesn't know what he's talking about, I can't see much of a reason for deliberate misinformation...
Old 07-02-2009, 01:19 AM
VIP Member

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Perhaps that was his way of getting her to hold off on buying until then? I don't know though, unless he flat out just doesn't know what he's talking about, I can't see much of a reason for deliberate misinformation...
Those guys have no idea what they are talking about. The manager at the local Sprint store today told me Sprint was not getting the Touch Pro 2 at all. They are radically misinformed, even if it isn't deliberate.
Old 07-02-2009, 01:30 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Chief85 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drybonz View Post
Those guys have no idea what they are talking about. The manager at the local Sprint store today told me Sprint was not getting the Touch Pro 2 at all. They are radically misinformed, even if it isn't deliberate.
Interesting, good to know. Typically, I shoo the reps away when they try to help me at the store (figuring that I already know more than they ever will), so I've not had much experience with them.
Old 07-02-2009, 01:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre and proud of it!

Rafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to Rafy0003

The Pre is not going down, still going to be 300$ I work for sustomer service and everything is true, they have high demand not enough phones and we ARE getting the TP2, Sprint is like the voice for Htc.
Old 07-02-2009, 01:47 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Interesting, good to know. Typically, I shoo the reps away when they try to help me at the store (figuring that I already know more than they ever will), so I've not had much experience with them.
I can't say that something like this wouldn't be true, but this would be the first anyone around here has heard about it. I seriously doubt it is true.

If it is true, it is completely retarded. These devices are already so hard to get that the stores are trying to keep people from exchanging defective units so that they have enough to go around. If they drop the price, 3x more people are going to want them and it is just going to get stupid, because there are not enough to go around as it is.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

ldostang is keeping up the good workldostang is keeping up the good work

also july 11 is only 35 days after the pre was released. many people didnt get the pre on release day like me. so that would mean many of those people can just return the phone and then get it again for the lower price or ask to get a discount on their bill. i really dont think it will happen.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre