PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2009, 08:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: palm pre

parceroreal is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
dead pixels on pre screen

anyone have any issues?
i had my first pre with a dead pixel, had it replaced at the tore..
now the new one has a dead pixel also...
any similar stories?
btw...i don't mean the small points on the screen at even distances...
Old 06-29-2009, 10:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

fatboypup is keeping up the good workfatboypup is keeping up the good workfatboypup is keeping up the good work
Re: dead pixels on pre screen

i took one back with 3 dead pixels to get one with 5 ......
Old 06-29-2009, 10:54 PM
In the state of confusion
Pocket PC: EVO ONE(M7), Galaxy S4

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc

i took my first on in not for a dead pixel but a light spot that would develop as the screen would warm up.

Old 06-29-2009, 11:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO!!!

aaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Can someone explain to me how you know if you have dead pixels?
Old 06-29-2009, 11:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron130 View Post
Can someone explain to me how you know if you have dead pixels?
You will have little tiny white dots on your screen where there should be color.
Old 06-29-2009, 11:36 PM
VIP Member

aaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Oh ok, thx bonz. Don't have that problem I think I'm one of the few that got lucky and got a pretty good device. I just wish we'd start seeing some apps already. I miss my slingplayer!!!!!
Old 06-29-2009, 11:46 PM
VIP Member

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Oh ok, thx bonz. Don't have that problem I think I'm one of the few that got lucky and got a pretty good device. I just wish we'd start seeing some apps already. I miss my slingplayer!!!!!
I have one dead pixel on my current unit, but it's up at the top in the taskbar and I don't even notice it so I'm willing to live with that but my slider is separating from the back on this one and I had one hulba time in the Sprint store trying to figure out what we were going to do. I won't get into that story though.
Old 06-29-2009, 11:53 PM
VIP Member

Man!! I've heard they're starting to be a lil stingy on returns now. They have a fix supposeably thats worked for quite a few people posted on pre central forums you mighy wanna check it out its a video on youtube you gotta play a few timed. Its in the "Palm Pre" forum at pre central,the title is dead pixels fixed!! Or something to that nayure.
Old 06-29-2009, 11:59 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Man!! I've heard they're starting to be a lil stingy on returns now. They have a fix supposeably thats worked for quite a few people posted on pre central forums you mighy wanna check it out its a video on youtube you gotta play a few timed. Its in the "Palm Pre" forum at pre central,the title is dead pixels fixed!! Or something to that nayure.
I'm more concerned with the deteriorating condition of my slider. An authorized tech at a franchise store tightened some screws for me while I was in there today, which didn't fix it, then when I went back to the corporate store, as he advised, to get a replacement, they tried to tell me that what the tech had done had made my phone ineligible for a replacement... and on and on... I have to go back tomorrow and talk to the manager at the corporate store.
Old 06-30-2009, 12:35 AM
VIP Member

OMFG!! How can they even say that when it was a sprint employee that did it? That is just soooo messed up!! Did you call Sorint at all?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre