PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2009, 01:30 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Donatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Donatom3 Send a message via MSN to Donatom3 Send a message via Yahoo to Donatom3
WebOS 1.0.4 just released

Downloading it now 12 megabytes.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-29-2009, 01:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Prē

klubhead is becoming a great contributor
Re: WebOS 1.0.4 just released

ahh i was just gonna post lol.. beat me to the punch.. anyone know the changelog?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-29-2009, 01:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond, Palm Pre

alan7467 is keeping up the good workalan7467 is keeping up the good work

Yeah, just saw this posted over on Precentral:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...1-0-4-out.html

No change log yet...
TouchPal Keyboard

Pre running... errr 1.1...
Old 06-29-2009, 01:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Prē

klubhead is becoming a great contributor

just got done installing.. can't find any differences yet 0_o
Old 06-29-2009, 01:46 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Donatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Donatom3 Send a message via MSN to Donatom3 Send a message via Yahoo to Donatom3

An admin over at the palm forums says it's mostly security changes. Waiting on the changelog.

Edit: Looks like they just blocked email app installs. I removed pimpmypre then tried to reinstall it and it won't install. The apps still work if they were installed, it just won't let you install them via email.

Last edited by Donatom3; 06-29-2009 at 01:54 PM.
Old 06-29-2009, 01:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond, Palm Pre

alan7467 is keeping up the good workalan7467 is keeping up the good work

Sounds like they killed the ability to install homebrew apps via email. Several users on PreCentral confirming. Not really a bad thing in the end, since that is a security vulnerability. Folks will just have to find another way to get homebrew stuff installed.
Old 06-29-2009, 02:43 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Diamond

Negrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Late to the party with my engadget link...

http://www.engadget.com/2009/06/29/p...aded-to-1-0-4/
Old 06-29-2009, 05:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan7467 View Post
Not really a bad thing in the end, since that is a security vulnerability.
No, that is definitely a bad thing. They can't address the multitude of open issues that are being discussed on the Palm forums, but they sure are on top of locking out 3rd party development... they just figured out the email install technique a few days ago and Palm is already on it. What other issues are they going to address that quickly I wonder?

So much for Palm embracing open source style 3rd party development.

I think I am done with this device.
Old 06-29-2009, 05:59 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drybonz View Post
No, that is definitely a bad thing. They can't address the multitude of open issues that are being discussed on the Palm forums, but they sure are on top of locking out 3rd party development... they just figured out the email install technique a few days ago and Palm is already on it. What other issues are they going to address that quickly I wonder?

So much for Palm embracing open source style 3rd party development.

I think I am done with this device.
You think it is in their best interest to leave this loophole open. BTW the guy who actually submitted the security loophole stated it wasn't just the email installing that was part of the issue.

Their last update dealt with battery life some other issues with EAS, signal issues. This update isn't even 2 weeks after the last update, they found a security loophole that could lead to malicious coding and decided to close it asap. I personally don't want my Pre to be open to hacking.

Palm just doubled the amount of developers that have the SDK (legally) and plan to double that number by the end of the week.
Old 06-29-2009, 06:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatom3 View Post
You think it is in their best interest to leave this loophole open. BTW the guy who actually submitted the security loophole stated it wasn't just the email installing that was part of the issue.

Their last update dealt with battery life some other issues with EAS, signal issues. This update isn't even 2 weeks after the last update, they found a security loophole that could lead to malicious coding and decided to close it asap. I personally don't want my Pre to be open to hacking.
If they had, at the same time, released a method to install apps, other than one that financially benefitted Palm, I would be fine with it.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre