PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2009, 02:03 AM
N00b

Chief85 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint's upgrade eligibility and customer-retention

We recently had to switch over from our old legacy plan with 7 lines on it because one of the lines wanted to get a Pre. So of course, we had to get TWO plans because you can only put 5 lines on a plan. Needless to say, this was not a happy discovery. We did it anyway, and yesterday I called and got transferred to customer retention because I said the magic words ("verizon or at&t") to express my displeasure. I indicated that I would be placated if I received upgrade eligibility on my line, which wouldn't be eligible for the full thing for another 1.5 years. I was told by a couple reps that this was literally impossible to do. I persisted and yelled a bit, but they wouldn't budge. Eventually I had to leave the office so I hung up on them.

Is it worth pushing this further? Or is it literally impossible as they said to reset the upgrade eligibility on my line simply because I'm an unhappy customer (who's been with Sprint for > 10 years)?
Old 06-24-2009, 09:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

ldostang is keeping up the good workldostang is keeping up the good work
Re: Sprint's upgrade eligibility and customer-retention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief85 View Post
We recently had to switch over from our old legacy plan with 7 lines on it because one of the lines wanted to get a Pre. So of course, we had to get TWO plans because you can only put 5 lines on a plan. Needless to say, this was not a happy discovery. We did it anyway, and yesterday I called and got transferred to customer retention because I said the magic words ("verizon or at&t") to express my displeasure. I indicated that I would be placated if I received upgrade eligibility on my line, which wouldn't be eligible for the full thing for another 1.5 years. I was told by a couple reps that this was literally impossible to do. I persisted and yelled a bit, but they wouldn't budge. Eventually I had to leave the office so I hung up on them.

Is it worth pushing this further? Or is it literally impossible as they said to reset the upgrade eligibility on my line simply because I'm an unhappy customer (who's been with Sprint for > 10 years)?
they didnt budge with me either. i spoke to different csr's and nothing. they basically told me the same thing. i decided not push further cause i have 4 phones and one of the lines is upgrade eligible but not the line i want to upgrade. but i decided to just use the line with the upgrade eligible and then swap the phones. that is until i get the pre (still havent been able to get one)

but im thinking since its new and popular at the moment, they dont want to budge. basically they know people will buy it anyway or wait for it. did you mention you wanted to get the pre? i wonder if just mentioning you want to buy a new phone (not mention the pre at all), they wont be as harsh.

edit: i forgot to mention, im only 3 months away from upgrade eligibility for 22 months and they still wouldnt budge.

Last edited by ldostang; 06-24-2009 at 10:07 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-24-2009, 09:37 AM
In the state of confusion
Pocket PC: EVO ONE(M7), Galaxy S4

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc

I think the subjuect of upgrade eligibility has been covered on this board before but in a nutshell: Any carrier that subsidizes cost of equipment looks at recooping the revenue from the service plan over a certain period of time. If a carrier were to offer upgrades credits to customers everytime the cusomter wanted a new device that carrier would lose lots of money. This case is no different and it is highly unlikely that Sprint will budge especially since there is still a year and a half before you are eligible of the upgrade credit.

Old 06-24-2009, 09:55 AM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

if you have seven lines, you need to have your local Sprint Store Manager go through POP, its a team that is set up specifically to keep accounts from "porting out". With that many lines, they may be able to offer you some money off retail cost, a buyback on your old device, and some "discretionary" credits on the bill to bring you close to the upgrade price. Ive saved many accounts that way.

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-24-2009, 12:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ALL WINDOWS MOBILE 6.1+5+beta21319?
Carrier: SPRINT CUSTOM ROM BOYIE

BlackOceaN is just getting started

They get paid to do just that they say if they gave everyone what they pay for or ask for they would be broke.

On the other hand it ok to over charge a good customer and not explain why say go into details that make no sence.

the first of every year in jan and feb they will charge you twice once on the 10 and then again between 18 and 20 and if you ask about they will pretend they don't know what your talking about if you paid a bill in full on jan and then in march you for 4 month ? you do the math? it called money scam
Old 06-24-2009, 12:36 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Chief85 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldostang View Post
they didnt budge with me either. i spoke to different csr's and nothing. they basically told me the same thing. i decided not push further cause i have 4 phones and one of the lines is upgrade eligible but not the line i want to upgrade. but i decided to just use the line with the upgrade eligible and then swap the phones. that is until i get the pre (still havent been able to get one)

but im thinking since its new and popular at the moment, they dont want to budge. basically they know people will buy it anyway or wait for it. did you mention you wanted to get the pre? i wonder if just mentioning you want to buy a new phone (not mention the pre at all), they wont be as harsh.

edit: i forgot to mention, im only 3 months away from upgrade eligibility for 22 months and they still wouldnt budge.
I didn't mention the pre. One more question though:

I was told that a phone purchased on a line eleigible for an upgrade had to stay on that line for at least 30 days. Is that true? We do have one line eligible for an upgrade so if you can just swap immediately I might just do that rather than fight them.

Thanks for all the replies!
Old 06-24-2009, 12:40 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Quote:

I was told that a phone purchased on a line eleigible for an upgrade had to stay on that line for at least 30 days. Is that true? We do have one line eligible for an upgrade so if you can just swap immediately I might just do that rather than fight them.

Yes, it's best to not switch things around for 30 days...otherwise you risk not getting any rebates, etc.

late,
Coz
Old 06-24-2009, 12:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:

maybe somebody has a different answer but i was told if i did it the swap, it will affect the mail in rebate. so thats why im waiting to buy it from best buy. i have previously purchased phones and did the swap that same day.
Old 06-24-2009, 12:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozboogie View Post
Yes, it's best to not switch things around for 30 days...otherwise you risk not getting any rebates, etc.

late,
Coz
whats the etc?
Old 06-24-2009, 12:52 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Chief85 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldostang View Post
maybe somebody has a different answer but i was told if i did it the swap, it will affect the mail in rebate. so thats why im waiting to buy it from best buy. i have previously purchased phones and did the swap that same day.
Ah, so if you buy from Best Buy you can swap immediately?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre