PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2009, 11:22 PM
d94
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

d94 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs down Palm doesnt care about its customers. Corporate escallations was no help

I was hoping i would not have to create a thread like this to share my experience with palm over the last week, however they have left me no choice and i feel its only right to share my experience so that all those with manufacturing defects or other issues will not waste the hours i have and those interested in buying the device will know how the company that produces them treats their customers.

Approximately two weeks ago i paid $320 for my palm pre and renewed my contract with sprint for two years. After i purchased my device and began using it i noticed a few problems:

1. very bad back light bleeding on the bottom of the screen.
2. poor backlight on the keypad
3. battery would not last longer than 6-8 hours regardless of settings, i even tried hard resseting the device and this did not help.

I accepted these flaws with the mind set that after i got to enjoy this new device and had time either sprint or palm would replace it for me with a new device free of defects.

Apparently i was wrong. I had mine ordered via VAD (charged to my account and shipped to the store), apparently the only way to exchange is to return it, wait for the credit to come back to my account and my eligibility to be reveresed so they can order me another one. total time of process = weeks

I figured id contact palm and they'd take care of me. Iv been using their devices since i was a child and have never had any problems. Plus the pre is what many call the phone that will either make or break them, thus one would think they'd take care of their customer.

I called palm last week and explained the issues i was having with my device and that i needed to get it replaced. i was told id get a call back within 24 hours from level 2 tech support to set up an advance exchange upon approval. Fast forward yesterday and i had still not received a call thus i took the initiative to contact them myself.

I spent two hours on the phone with palm and it only ended with anger on my part. First off customer service told me that i had recieved a call back and my issue was resolved. Funny how that works because obviously i had not recieved a call back and a PHYSICALLY DEFECTIVE DEVICE cant fix itself last i checked. Then i was put on hold for about a half hour and once the rep came back i was told that with my that with my defective screen, keypad, short battery life that my device was not eligible for replacement. I was furious and re-iterated to the CSR that what she was telling me that as a customer who just paid $320 for a phone, $70 for a touchstone and signed a two year commitment with sprint - that my pre with very bad back light bleeding, keypad lighting and other issues did not qualify as a defective device thus i was expected to be happy and therefor assume that this is how they designed the device to be?

This left the representative at Awe and i asked to speak to her supervisor at which point she put me on hold again for about 5-10 minutes. i was transferred to her supervisor and was then and only then told that my device was eligible for either repair or replacement. I can either send in my device for a week to get repaired or they will take a $400 security deposit via credit card and will do an advance exchange. I explained that this was unacceptable. I just paid almost $400 for my pre with the cost of the touchstone and refuse to send in a two week old device to be repaired. An advanced exchange is what i was looking for and asked for last week however as a college student and a customer who just laid down $400 i explained it was ridiculous for palm to expect me to let them hold $400 MORE of my money and that i simply could not afford it. The supervisor told me this was all he could offer and there was no way around it. I certainly got the jist that palm was trying very hard to tell me to go sprint to get the device exchanged however i told him if i had to return the phone and wait to get it replaced id likely go buy an iphone without these defects for $99. But i wanted to keep my pre, however palm was making it difficult for me to do so. Even if i returned the phone at that store and attempted to buy it at corp id have no luck as there are long waiting lists at all corp stores and it'd be weeks until i was able to buy another. This didn't help and the supervisor told me perhaps corp could help and thus transferred me.

Once i got a hold of someone at corp i was greeted by a very nice executive customer service rep. however after spending a half hour speaking to him he could not do anything further to help me other than honor my request to have the device hand tested before shipping it to me, however i would have to give them $400 to hold as insurance in case i don't send back my old phone. I told him i would check my finances to see if i could somehow pull it off and that I'd give a call back. I checked my bank account and while it would leave me close to broke for a week i decided to call back palm and do the advance exchange. I spoke to another rep and he put me on hold while he was setting up my exchange. after about 5 minutes he came back on the line to inform me that he wanted to clarify something - that i would not get a new device - i had been misinformed by the previous rep - he could only send me a REFURBISHED one. I explained for the 10th time that this was unacceptable and that i don't see how palm could expect a customer to pay $300 for a defective device only to have it replaced by a refurb!? needless to say i was informed this was the only type of replacement i could get and he did not have access to new ones..what BS, i couldn't believe my ears. He then reminded me that i could send it in and would have it back in 5-7 business days..which was unacceptable as i told him yet again i cant be without a phone nor would i accept repair on a 2 week old device. i was told if these options weren't satisfactory i could return my device and re-buy..which is ridiculous. And so here i am out $400 with a defective pre and palm not even willing to replace it with anything other than a refurbished unit...simply horrible. For their sake i hope they improve their customer service before they drive their customers away as they have done to me.

Palm,
I hope you hear about my experience and disappointment and make things right before i truly give up on this awesome device and go buy the product it was designed to compete with, but with this kind of service what choice do i have?

Mogul > Diamond FREE, $75 inconvenience credit
$42/mo 1250 min unlimited txt/data + TEP
<sprint tech>
Old 06-23-2009, 11:39 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Palm doesnt care about its customers. Corporate escallations was no help

dude, I feel for ya. The bleeding seems like a major problem to me. Id be Irate if that were me. You paid for a new phone and signed a new contract only to have to put up with that shnit? Thats obsurd, Wow man, I dont know what to say other than sorry, hope this dont happen to anyone else.
Old 06-24-2009, 01:56 AM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

If you're having these problems with Palm just call Sprint. Be nice and explain the situation. Explain that you've contacted Palm and they wouldn't help you...just be nice. If you don't get want you want the first time, politely hang up and call back later and get a new rep. If you want it bad enough you can get it...you just gotta keep pounding on Sprint.

Good luck,
Coz
Old 06-24-2009, 02:59 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO!!!

aaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozboogie View Post
If you're having these problems with Palm just call Sprint. Be nice and explain the situation. Explain that you've contacted Palm and they wouldn't help you...just be nice. If you don't get want you want the first time, politely hang up and call back later and get a new rep. If you want it bad enough you can get it...you just gotta keep pounding on Sprint.

Good luck,
Coz
I agree 100% with Coz. Irs ALL WHO you TALK TO. I've been reading these forums since I got me pre and have seen A BUNCH of people who have had problems and returned to a sprint store and got a new device. I believe Drybonz is on his 3rd! So if I were the OP I'd keep calling SPRINT or going to the store and talk to someone different till you get someone in a good mood who gives you what you want. Good Luck!!!
Old 06-24-2009, 10:40 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: sprint mogul

marisdaman is a n00b

did u buy the total protection plan..if so use it call and say the phone is broken or lost...if u didn't why not...phones are too expensive not to have coverage on them.. i almost have to replace my phone on a yearly basis cause it wears down and break not to mention if i loose it...
Old 06-24-2009, 11:27 AM
d94
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Threadstarter

d94 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by marisdaman View Post
did u buy the total protection plan..if so use it call and say the phone is broken or lost...if u didn't why not...phones are too expensive not to have coverage on them.. i almost have to replace my phone on a yearly basis cause it wears down and break not to mention if i loose it...
im a tech for sprint and run a service and repair center
i can order myself a replacement right now and have it in hand tomarrow, but thats not what insurance is for nor would i accept a refurb as a replacement for a $300 device that i signed a 2yr contract on, but thats just me

not to mention iv ordered a few replacement pre's and they've all come with deffects

guess imma call retentions
Old 06-24-2009, 03:17 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

VAD returns, 1-877-697-9584, will send out a replacement unit and a return kit in one package. There are some deals that can only be taken advantage of if it is shipped through VAD, i have some defective devices that needed to be swapped, so i called the number i posted earlier and they sent an all in one kit within 2 business days.

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"
Old 06-24-2009, 05:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Mogul --> Touch Pro(Running PhantomRom)

GREY.FOXX is keeping up the good workGREY.FOXX is keeping up the good workGREY.FOXX is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to GREY.FOXX Send a message via Skype™ to GREY.FOXX

Better talk to sprint, I usually get what I want when I talk to them.
Old 06-24-2009, 05:27 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

+1 for coz, a had a yr old tp and internal gps died, called sprint tech not cs and sprint next day aired me a brand new, not refurb tb no questions asked. the key as coz stated is to be nice. they even told me to keep the old tp.
Old 06-24-2009, 05:29 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

the key is BE NICE!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre