PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Palm Pre (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Make sprint navi bluetooth capable (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=72450)

marisdaman 06-22-2009 12:48 PM

Make sprint navi bluetooth capable

Just my $0.02 i think the navi app on the pre as well as other phone should be bluetooth capable. Now that a pretty good amount of people have bluetooth capable radios in their car... it would be nice to hear not only people or music through my car speaker that come from my phone but my navi voice also... I am tired of using my old windowshield navi although i almost have to because the speaker is so much louder not to mention i almost got into an accident lookin down and trying to hear the navi voice from the phone..even so i like the sprint navi better because its qucker to find the addy i want..checks for traffic and i dont have to buy updated version for $50-100..

Scottcrsi 06-22-2009 01:27 PM

Re: Make sprint navi bluetooth capable

It not the sprint navi that needs this capability its the bluetooth device you are connecting to, the navi will already work over bluetooth. Your device has to be a2dp compatible so that the audio stream from the phone is sent to it instead of the speaker.

I have a jabra 8040 headset that is a2dp and the navi works perfectly through it, but my car only supports headset mode so the audio for the navi wont work through it.

Bottom line, its the devices not the software. Hope that clears things up. :)

nxtech3 06-22-2009 03:00 PM

ive got a MOTO T505 and Sprint Navigation comes through loud and clear on devices speaker and when i have it connected through FM transmitter.

Donatom3 06-23-2009 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marisdaman (Post 989729)
Just my $0.02 i think the navi app on the pre as well as other phone should be bluetooth capable. Now that a pretty good amount of people have bluetooth capable radios in their car... it would be nice to hear not only people or music through my car speaker that come from my phone but my navi voice also... I am tired of using my old windowshield navi although i almost have to because the speaker is so much louder not to mention i almost got into an accident lookin down and trying to hear the navi voice from the phone..even so i like the sprint navi better because its qucker to find the addy i want..checks for traffic and i dont have to buy updated version for $50-100..

Most cars that are bluetooth capable is only for the handsfree profile which only pertains to audio during phone calls. Not many cars support A2DP which is the profile that actually sends all system sounds through an external speaker. I don't know of any OEM car stereos that do support A2DP, most instead have a 3.5mm jack or ipod dock for general audio.

Drybonz 06-23-2009 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donatom3 (Post 991631)
Most cars that are bluetooth capable is only for the handsfree profile which only pertains to audio during phone calls. Not many cars support A2DP which is the profile that actually sends all system sounds through an external speaker. I don't know of any OEM car stereos that do support A2DP, most instead have a 3.5mm jack or ipod dock for general audio.

This list is 2 years old... it is longer now.

http://www.a2dp.info/A2DP-Devices/A2...cessories.html

Just sayin.

Scottcrsi 06-23-2009 01:20 PM

If your car does have an ipod adapter built in, you could get the Sprint Anycom Bluetooth Music Station Converter for $10. That will allow you to stream the sprint navi over your car stereo, as well as any other audio you might want.

Donatom3 06-23-2009 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drybonz (Post 991796)
This list is 2 years old... it is longer now.

http://www.a2dp.info/A2DP-Devices/A2...cessories.html

Just sayin.

I was talking about factory car stereo equipment which is what I figure the op is referring to. I know there are plenty of A2DP options in the aftermarket arena.

Drybonz 06-23-2009 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donatom3 (Post 991820)
I was talking about factory car stereo equipment which is what I figure the op is referring to.

Yeah... you are probably right about there being no factory models with A2DP.

aaron130 06-25-2009 10:16 PM

I've also got the motorola T505 and sprint navigation plays through my speakers in my car fine.

marisdaman 06-26-2009 11:16 AM

Thanks for the replies and answers.. i will see what my aftermarket supports maybe i was doin something wrong and it does work...i know i can stream music from my phone.. i should read the manual before i ranted..lol thanks everyone