PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2009, 12:41 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

JackStorm is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Palm Pre Exchange Server and Domain Name

I am trying to set-up my Pre to work with my work email. My IT department has me sitting on the back burner..... Is there anywhere I can look on my laptop to get the exchange server name and domain name? Please help! Thank you!
Old 06-20-2009, 01:17 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Re: Palm Pre Exchange Server and Domain Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackStorm View Post
I am trying to set-up my Pre to work with my work email. My IT department has me sitting on the back burner..... Is there anywhere I can look on my laptop to get the exchange server name and domain name? Please help! Thank you!
I am not sure if the setup would be the same, but visit your corporate mail via Internet explorer on your desktop. right next to the address bar, there should be a Lock button, select it and a screen will come up with the exchange server name and "view certificates".

Here is the article on how to get certificates and install them. Its for windows mobile but the process may be the same.

http://www.confusedamused.com/notebook/installing-windows-mobile-60-root-certificates/

hope this helps.
Old 06-20-2009, 04:56 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO!!!

aaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I know with my work exchange account it is like this:

Domain: nameofcompanyhere.com
Exchange server: https://webmail.nameofcompany.com
Old 06-22-2009, 02:33 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Troyicus is just getting started

I guess this is a known problem for Palm. I made a topic last week regarding it not working. I was on the phone for 4 hours and no prevail. I copied the certificate over to the phone and still I get the error:

"The mail server requires security policies that are not supported."

I hope they get it fixed soon.
Old 06-22-2009, 03:12 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troyicus View Post
I guess this is a known problem for Palm. I made a topic last week regarding it not working. I was on the phone for 4 hours and no prevail. I copied the certificate over to the phone and still I get the error:

"The mail server requires security policies that are not supported."

I hope they get it fixed soon.
Hey guys, sorry to hear you are having so much trouble getting exchange to work. I did see this article today on pocketnow.com. One of the editors is discussing this and seems to have a fix. Here is the article. Also, here is the url:
http://pocketnow.com/index.php?a=por...t=news&id=7641

Hope this helps

Chronicles of a Windows Mobile User Gone Palm Pre (part 1)

Posted by Adam Z Lein</A itxtvisited="1">
June 22nd, 2009 at 03:18 AM
When I first booted up the Palm Pre with Palm’s WebOS, it made me create a Palm Profile account and then walked me through a short tutorial followed by a video about how to use the Palm WebOS operating system. The tutorial makes you practice using the gesture area to invoke “Back” commands as well as teaches you about closing applications and switching between them. It’s similar to what HTC has done with their TouchFLO 3D boot-up instructional video. This is a very necessary step since there is no indication or clues within the interface regarding these functions. By definition, that means the interface is not intuitive at all. However, that’s not to say the interface is not totally awesome in many ways. We’ll get to that...

First off, usually when I get a new Windows Phone, I start by installing my favorite applications off of a storage card. Obviously the Pre doesn’t support any of those, so next up is syncing with my Exchange account. After entering my proper settings and attempting to sign in, the WebOS returned an error about SSL asking if my clock was the correct time. Of course it is, the Pre has a network time server. I remembered that my Exchange server requires a custom SSL certificate to be installed on the clients in order to use SSL. This is an semi-easy process on Windows Mobile since I keep that certificate on my storage card and simply install it along with my other favorite applications. Since the Pre doesn’t even have a file manager, it seems there was no way for me to install a custom SSL certificate.

Moving on, I decided to add my Gmail account even though I never use it. I had imported some old contacts and calendar items into that while using the Android G1. The Pre synced with Gmail just fine, but this was a bit of a pain since I’d much prefer Exchange syncing or even direct USB syncing with Outlook.

I decided to not use SSL with the Exchange server, but there are no options for this in the interface. However, if you type the url for the Exchange server like so: http://www.domain.com without the https:// that’s already there, then it will connect without SSL. Hurray! Exchange syncing now works!

My Exchange account showed up in the Contacts, Calendar, Tasks, and Email programs completely segregated from the Gmail stuff. In Contacts, those of the same name were linked and the contact photos were synced from Exchange. So far, this synergy has been quite a good experience.

Last edited by Riley; 06-22-2009 at 03:14 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-22-2009, 03:30 PM
N00b

I appreciate the information but it still doesnt work. I still get the same error. I guess I'll just wait and see what Palm can come up with.
Old 06-25-2009, 11:37 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100

im not sure why it wont work for you, either your credentials arent correct, are your server admin needs to enable you to get your email remotely. Just like alot of companies only want people in management accessing there email remotely. I work for sprint and i had to submit a request to our IT team to have them enable my email profile to be accessed on a mobile device. And i believe with the 1.0.3 update, the SSL issue has been corrected. just my .02

ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!
Old 06-26-2009, 12:49 PM
N00b

Non-SSL Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) mail servers are now supported.

The update as you can see fixed Non-SSL Exchange ActiveSync (EAS). My company has a SSL server that is secure. I still have to wait.
Old 06-26-2009, 12:54 PM
N00b

Here is where I received that information from.

http://kb.palm.com/wps/portal/kb/na/.../50607_en.html
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre