PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2009, 12:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: sprint mogul

marisdaman is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Make sprint navi bluetooth capable

Just my $0.02 i think the navi app on the pre as well as other phone should be bluetooth capable. Now that a pretty good amount of people have bluetooth capable radios in their car... it would be nice to hear not only people or music through my car speaker that come from my phone but my navi voice also... I am tired of using my old windowshield navi although i almost have to because the speaker is so much louder not to mention i almost got into an accident lookin down and trying to hear the navi voice from the phone..even so i like the sprint navi better because its qucker to find the addy i want..checks for traffic and i dont have to buy updated version for $50-100..
Old 06-22-2009, 01:27 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Evo 4G & Palm Pre & Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Scottcrsi is keeping up the good workScottcrsi is keeping up the good work
Re: Make sprint navi bluetooth capable

It not the sprint navi that needs this capability its the bluetooth device you are connecting to, the navi will already work over bluetooth. Your device has to be a2dp compatible so that the audio stream from the phone is sent to it instead of the speaker.

I have a jabra 8040 headset that is a2dp and the navi works perfectly through it, but my car only supports headset mode so the audio for the navi wont work through it.

Bottom line, its the devices not the software. Hope that clears things up.

Touch Diamond
Juicy 3.7 Rom (Thanks Juicy!)

Touch Pro
Stock Sprint Rom
Old 06-22-2009, 03:00 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

ive got a MOTO T505 and Sprint Navigation comes through loud and clear on devices speaker and when i have it connected through FM transmitter.

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"
Old 06-23-2009, 12:08 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Donatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Donatom3 Send a message via MSN to Donatom3 Send a message via Yahoo to Donatom3

Quote:
Originally Posted by marisdaman View Post
Just my $0.02 i think the navi app on the pre as well as other phone should be bluetooth capable. Now that a pretty good amount of people have bluetooth capable radios in their car... it would be nice to hear not only people or music through my car speaker that come from my phone but my navi voice also... I am tired of using my old windowshield navi although i almost have to because the speaker is so much louder not to mention i almost got into an accident lookin down and trying to hear the navi voice from the phone..even so i like the sprint navi better because its qucker to find the addy i want..checks for traffic and i dont have to buy updated version for $50-100..
Most cars that are bluetooth capable is only for the handsfree profile which only pertains to audio during phone calls. Not many cars support A2DP which is the profile that actually sends all system sounds through an external speaker. I don't know of any OEM car stereos that do support A2DP, most instead have a 3.5mm jack or ipod dock for general audio.
Old 06-23-2009, 01:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatom3 View Post
Most cars that are bluetooth capable is only for the handsfree profile which only pertains to audio during phone calls. Not many cars support A2DP which is the profile that actually sends all system sounds through an external speaker. I don't know of any OEM car stereos that do support A2DP, most instead have a 3.5mm jack or ipod dock for general audio.
This list is 2 years old... it is longer now.

http://www.a2dp.info/A2DP-Devices/A2...cessories.html

Just sayin.

Last edited by Drybonz; 06-23-2009 at 01:19 PM.
Old 06-23-2009, 01:20 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Evo 4G & Palm Pre & Touch Pro 2

Scottcrsi is keeping up the good workScottcrsi is keeping up the good work

If your car does have an ipod adapter built in, you could get the Sprint Anycom Bluetooth Music Station Converter for $10. That will allow you to stream the sprint navi over your car stereo, as well as any other audio you might want.
Old 06-23-2009, 01:27 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Donatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Donatom3 Send a message via MSN to Donatom3 Send a message via Yahoo to Donatom3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drybonz View Post
This list is 2 years old... it is longer now.

http://www.a2dp.info/A2DP-Devices/A2...cessories.html

Just sayin.
I was talking about factory car stereo equipment which is what I figure the op is referring to. I know there are plenty of A2DP options in the aftermarket arena.
Old 06-23-2009, 01:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatom3 View Post
I was talking about factory car stereo equipment which is what I figure the op is referring to.
Yeah... you are probably right about there being no factory models with A2DP.
Old 06-25-2009, 10:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO!!!

aaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I've also got the motorola T505 and sprint navigation plays through my speakers in my car fine.
Old 06-26-2009, 11:16 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: sprint mogul
Threadstarter

marisdaman is a n00b

Thanks for the replies and answers.. i will see what my aftermarket supports maybe i was doin something wrong and it does work...i know i can stream music from my phone.. i should read the manual before i ranted..lol thanks everyone
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre