PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2009, 10:17 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

Troyicus is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Microsoft Exchange not working on Pre

Well today was a roller coaster of a day for me. I wait a week and finally get my Pre. Only to be on the phone with Sprint and Palm for 4 hours. It seems that my server at work requires a lock on the phone and the Pre for whatever reason does not recognize the certificate that we are using. Palm said they are working on this and that many people are experiencing this problem.

The error I kept getting was this:

Error

The mail server requires security policies
that are not supported

Done

I hope this gets fixed as they have no ETA on when it will get fixed. Until then I have no Pre to use.
Old 06-20-2009, 01:23 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Re: Microsoft Exchange not working on Pre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troyicus View Post
Well today was a roller coaster of a day for me. I wait a week and finally get my Pre. Only to be on the phone with Sprint and Palm for 4 hours. It seems that my server at work requires a lock on the phone and the Pre for whatever reason does not recognize the certificate that we are using. Palm said they are working on this and that many people are experiencing this problem.

The error I kept getting was this:

Error

The mail server requires security policies
that are not supported

Done

I hope this gets fixed as they have no ETA on when it will get fixed. Until then I have no Pre to use.
I have no idea if the process is similiar to setting up a WM phone, but my guess is you need to have the proper certificates on your device and installed for the pre to gain access to exchange. here is a post I just responded to in another thread. This may help you as well.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...79&postcount=2
Old 07-09-2009, 12:49 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Threadstarter

Troyicus is just getting started

Palm is killing me. It will be a month and they still have not fixed this issue. I don't get it. All other Palm phones have no problems synching with microsoft outlook to get contacts, email and tasks. What is so difficult on the Pre that is making this not work? I have a phone that is useless because I can not get work emails. I know it's not the end of the world and I'm still using my touch pro but really,you hype this phone up and it can not do a basic function that is not even an issue with other Palm models you make? Maybe it just wasnt meant to be right now.
Old 07-09-2009, 02:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

Peteman100 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troyicus View Post
Palm is killing me. It will be a month and they still have not fixed this issue. I don't get it. All other Palm phones have no problems synching with microsoft outlook to get contacts, email and tasks. What is so difficult on the Pre that is making this not work? I have a phone that is useless because I can not get work emails. I know it's not the end of the world and I'm still using my touch pro but really,you hype this phone up and it can not do a basic function that is not even an issue with other Palm models you make? Maybe it just wasnt meant to be right now.
Palm has stated that they will have the issue fixed within 60 days. So it will happen. But its still kinda crazy that they didn't get that functionality right from day one.
Old 07-15-2009, 12:36 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

JMAC303 is just getting started

Just as an update (in case some don't know). This issue has been resolved with one of the updates.
Old 07-15-2009, 01:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

Peteman100 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMAC303 View Post
Just as an update (in case some don't know). This issue has been resolved with one of the updates.
It hasn't been resolved completely yet. But Palm has stated that full exchange support will come with WebOS 1.1 which should be out before August 1st.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre