PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Palm Pre (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   We Need More Pre Topics!!!! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=72225)

GREY.FOXX 06-19-2009 10:10 PM

We Need More Pre Topics!!!!

Ok well I don't have the Pre as of yet, but I will have it soon.

I have a few questions:

1) Is the developing kit out, and if so anyone working with it? If its not out anyone plan on developing for it?

2) The Pre has multitouch screen (90% sure), so do you think it can match the IPhone in the games department?

3) Homebrew/Jailbreaking, do you think its possible?

4) If Homebrew/Jailbreak happens, you think more winmo users (most of us) will jump on board?

5) What are some features you wish it had?

6) Is no SD slot a big issue for you?

7) What issues the Pre has, that you know is being fixed?

8) Do you think there will be a 2G version, if so what new features you think will come?

9) Will this work with 4G (when ever it fully comes) :scratch:

10) Do you see extensive bashing of the Pre from Apple fanboys?

Thanks for your time, and im really looking forward to jumping on the Pre boat with you guys.

Also I will be helping out as much as I can when I get one, later. :headbang:

Drybonz 06-19-2009 10:12 PM

Re: We Need More Pre Topics!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by GREY.FOXX (Post 985596)
I have a few questions:

Most of your questions are already answered on this forum. Take some time to read through some of the existing topics.

GREY.FOXX 06-19-2009 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drybonz (Post 985599)
Most of your questions are already answered on this forum. Take some time to read through some of the existing topics.

Way to shot me down pal lol jk

I have been looking and don't see many answers. My questions is asking people opinions on things, so I don't think I will find the answers to them, unless someone responds to them in here.

Maybe the development kit question and some others. I don't know but I have been looking.

MikeElGiga23 06-19-2009 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GREY.FOXX (Post 985596)
Ok well I don't have the Pre as of yet, but I will have it soon.

I have a few questions:

1) Is the developing kit out, and if so anyone working with it? If its not out anyone plan on developing for it?

2) The Pre has multitouch screen (90% sure), so do you think it can match the IPhone in the games department?

3) Homebrew/Jailbreaking, do you think its possible?

4) If Homebrew/Jailbreak happens, you think more winmo users (most of us) will jump on board?

5) What are some features you wish it had?

6) Is no SD slot a big issue for you?

7) What issues the Pre has, that you know is being fixed?

8) Do you think there will be a 2G version, if so what new features you think will come?

9) Will this work with 4G (when ever it fully comes) :scratch:

10) Do you see extensive bashing of the Pre from Apple fanboys?

Thanks for your time, and im really looking forward to jumping on the Pre boat with you guys.

Also I will be helping out as much as I can when I get one, later. :headbang:

1- nope, till the end of summer i last heard...

2- its off to a good start with how well the hardware handled DOOM and emulators are currently being worked on, we will have to wait and see

3- the OS has already been cracked so yes

4- maybe... depends on HTC and Microsoft though, WM7 is their last hope IMO

5- not really a feature but more apps would be nice, video rec. is there and soon to be released and tethering has already been hacked. so i would say web downloading and flash is what i want most.

6- not to me (how much do you store on a phone really?) but might not be enough for some so opinion based really...

7- battery is talked about a lot but there are tips to drastically increase it, you just gotta remember to log out of IM and other web activities when not in use or it will constantly be active thust draining battery, not sure about v2 since the Pre has what it takes to have it all when its used to full potential...

8- dont know, i wonder why it was featured in a 4g sprint commercial?? (maybe a hint??) maybe it has the hardware but needs the software update when 4g officialy releases

10- this is what i like the most from the pre, i generally see good reviews and opinions of the pre from crackberry, iphone sites, WM sites, computer sites etc. there will be the occasional fanboy sindrome but most of them are educated enough to admit that the Pre is a hit and is a great product

GREY.FOXX 06-21-2009 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike20pr (Post 985623)
1- nope, till the end of summer i last heard...

2- its off to a good start with how well the hardware handled DOOM and emulators are currently being worked on, we will have to wait and see

3- the OS has already been cracked so yes

4- maybe... depends on HTC and Microsoft though, WM7 is their last hope IMO

5- not really a feature but more apps would be nice, video rec. is there and soon to be released and tethering has already been hacked. so i would say web downloading and flash is what i want most.

6- not to me (how much do you store on a phone really?) but might not be enough for some so opinion based really...

7- battery is talked about a lot but there are tips to drastically increase it, you just gotta remember to log out of IM and other web activities when not in use or it will constantly be active thust draining battery, not sure about v2 since the Pre has what it takes to have it all when its used to full potential...

8- dont know, i wonder why it was featured in a 4g sprint commercial?? (maybe a hint??) maybe it has the hardware but needs the software update when 4g officialy releases

10- this is what i like the most from the pre, i generally see good reviews and opinions of the pre from crackberry, iphone sites, WM sites, computer sites etc. there will be the occasional fanboy sindrome but most of them are educated enough to admit that the Pre is a hit and is a great product

Thanks great answers, helped a lot :headbang:

Geekcop 06-21-2009 12:18 AM

@OP, since the Pre is just getting off the ground, it's just a matter of time before more discussion develops.

scrambler7 06-21-2009 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike20pr (Post 985623)

that would be sweet, but a wimax chip definitely isn't in this phone or they would have found it when they broke it down.

GREY.FOXX 06-22-2009 11:10 AM

Oh, I don't think it will be compatible if it doesn't have the chip. Maybe in future models, oh well 4G seems a little wile away.