PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2009, 06:30 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTV EVO
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

caleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcaleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcaleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to caleb02 Send a message via MSN to caleb02 Send a message via Yahoo to caleb02
Re: Are forced Firmware updates over the air illegal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator352 View Post
We're not talking about just using the phone for whatever purpose and it malfunctions while needing to dial 911. We are talking about FORCED updates. FORCED. Without your actual consent. I'm all for auto updates, if I so choose to set it that way. There was legislation for PC software makers to stop forcing auto updates for thier software without first acknowledging to the user that there is an update and give the user an option to either exit or continue at thier own risk. This is all about choice. You can love the phone, want the phone, keep the phone, diddle the phone, all to your hearts content but still hate a feature it has. Yeah, any phone can malfunction keeping you from dialing 911 but there is one key difference. That difference is called FORCED update! If that forced update fails rendering your phone useless for whatever reason, then yeah they are/should be responsible. Period.
i agree....
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre