PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2009, 11:33 AM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50
iPhone SMACKDOWN

Oh-HO

http://www.crunchgear.com/2009/06/17...e-our-freedom/

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-17-2009, 12:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: iPhone SMACKDOWN

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibby50 View Post
Lol... nice. Thanks, Hibby.

On a slightly related note... you can also sync your Pre with the J River Media center player, a 3rd party app, which is kind of like an iTunes that doesn't suck.

http://www.jrmediacenter.com/
Old 06-17-2009, 12:51 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

While I don't think Apple should block the Pre, I feel like Palm should start in on their own software and rely on this hack as a temporary solution.

Media managing software is so stupid easy to make it's not even funny. It's all iTunes is, with added ability to buy content online (basic fetch and receive coding.)

Everyone's making such a big deal about this (mainly the moronic apple fanboys) but it's really not that big of a deal. Apple really has some retards using their products.

Old 06-17-2009, 01:11 PM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

i have never seen a device that make the apple fans flinch so much in different areas lol

bottom line in this issue, apple said that support is not garanteed with future updates since apple is not responsible for anything that its not made by them so they are not responsible for compatibility, so its up to Palm to keep up with the updates as they come to maintain compatibility, but i agree with the above post on not relying on itunes rather than making their own music manager

but as you can see, apple fans are brainwashed into accepting and embracing the dictatorship rather than support freedom
Old 06-17-2009, 01:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

http://www.precentral.net/palm-respo...c-break-threat
Old 06-17-2009, 01:19 PM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drybonz View Post
hahaha nice

sorry apple but if you disable media sync you hurt your own ipods and iphones and yet the pre has other alternatives to syncing music and it only takes one OTA update to fix compatibility again with itunes

i love it!!
Old 06-17-2009, 01:28 PM
Young-E
Pocket PC: TP2

Young_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike20pr View Post
hahaha nice

sorry apple but if you disable media sync you hurt your own ipods and iphones and yet the pre has other alternatives to syncing music and it only takes one OTA update to fix compatibility again with itunes

i love it!!
I don't want a pre just not my cup of tea. But i definitely like what it's doing to the iphone. It really has apple and it's fan boys shook up lol. nice way to put them in there place palm.
Minnesota Militia/Touch Pro Division
Old 06-17-2009, 04:09 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Donatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Donatom3 Send a message via MSN to Donatom3 Send a message via Yahoo to Donatom3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young_breedent View Post
I don't want a pre just not my cup of tea. But i definitely like what it's doing to the iphone. It really has apple and it's fan boys shook up lol. nice way to put them in there place palm.

http://cnettv.cnet.com/speed-test-ap...CmoreStories.0

I think the S in iPhone 3GS stands for slow.

Wow the Pre beat it pretty handidly in every speed test except bootup time.
Old 06-17-2009, 04:29 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatom3 View Post
http://cnettv.cnet.com/speed-test-ap...CmoreStories.0

I think the S in iPhone 3GS stands for slow.

Wow the Pre beat it pretty handidly in every speed test except bootup time.
Yeah, nearly 2 mins for bootup? That's crazy slow. But agree, the Pre certainly overcame that shortcoming and fared much better than the iPhone.

late,
Coz
Old 06-17-2009, 04:40 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Donatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Donatom3 Send a message via MSN to Donatom3 Send a message via Yahoo to Donatom3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozboogie View Post
Yeah, nearly 2 mins for bootup? That's crazy slow. But agree, the Pre certainly overcame that shortcoming and fared much better than the iPhone.

late,
Coz
I think of it this way. I boot up my phone at most once a day, and I don't want to watch it while booting. I view web pages over 30 times a day and I am active while viewing those.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre