PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2009, 04:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

BruceBanner is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cannot UPGRADE!!!! WTF!!!!!

Ok so i went to the sprint store today, i added a new line for my wife just fine and got her the PRE, however because i am not at a year into my contract on my line yet, not until november i cannot upgrade to the pre, i would have to buy it outright. WTF is this crap, how can sprint be wanting new customers but wont even make there current customers happy. Anyone else run into this problem. Anyone know of anything that can help me out?????
Old 06-17-2009, 04:43 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Donatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Donatom3 Send a message via MSN to Donatom3 Send a message via Yahoo to Donatom3
Re: Cannot UPGRADE!!!! WTF!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceBanner View Post
Ok so i went to the sprint store today, i added a new line for my wife just fine and got her the PRE, however because i am not at a year into my contract on my line yet, not until november i cannot upgrade to the pre, i would have to buy it outright. WTF is this crap, how can sprint be wanting new customers but wont even make there current customers happy. Anyone else run into this problem. Anyone know of anything that can help me out?????
What do you expect them to do? They gave you a discount on the phone you bought less than a year ago. They need that 22 months to recoup their rebate they ALREADY gave you. Sprint is the best at current customer upgrades imo. After 22 months you get the same price as any new customer. You think palm charges them less than $199 per phone?

EDIT: BTW from what you said it's not that they won't let you upgrade, because according to you you can. So you may want to update your title. Sprint is letting

Last edited by Donatom3; 06-17-2009 at 04:52 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-17-2009, 04:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

well they could give us the option to add another 2 years onto our already two years. why cant they do that, so you have a 4 year contract??
Old 06-17-2009, 04:53 PM
Almost a VIP

Donatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Donatom3 Send a message via MSN to Donatom3 Send a message via Yahoo to Donatom3

Quote:
well they could give us the option to add another 2 years onto our already two years. why cant they do that, so you have a 4 year contract??
So that they have to wait longer to recoup their losses? You'd be ok with them changing your early termination fee to $500 too?
Old 06-17-2009, 04:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatom3 View Post
So that they have to wait longer to recoup their losses? You'd be ok with them changing your early termination fee to $500 too?

do you work for sprint, cause your huggin there nuts pretty good right now
Old 06-17-2009, 05:02 PM
DroidX_ZombieStomped
Pocket PC: DroidX
Carrier: Verizon

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to yearn

If you sprint guys can upgrade evey year your lucky cause at Alltel they make you wait the full 2 years, they will let you resign a contract 3 months early but they add the 3 months to your next contract.
Dont get me wrong, Iv been with Alltel for 12 years and their customer service has always been top notch, along with their phones. but I wish they would give at least one upgrade in the 2 year contract period.
I think AT&T allows upgrades every 6 months or something like that, that would be awesome!

If I helped you out,Hit the THANKS
Old 06-17-2009, 05:17 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
do you work for sprint, cause your huggin there nuts pretty good right now
No, I do not work for them, but have been a long time customer. This is simple business practice and is done by all the cell phone companies. If you haven't gotten a discount on a phone for over 2 years, you would have some merit to your case, but if you got the full subsidized discount in less than 2 years then you really can't be mad at Sprint. This has been their practice for atleast 5 years, they don't hide this fact from anyone, they advertise that you get a new customer price every 22 months, how is it their fault?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yearn View Post
If you sprint guys can upgrade evey year your lucky cause at Alltel they make you wait the full 2 years, they will let you resign a contract 3 months early but they add the 3 months to your next contract.
Dont get me wrong, Iv been with Alltel for 12 years and their customer service has always been top notch, along with their phones. but I wish they would give at least one upgrade in the 2 year contract period.
I think AT&T allows upgrades every 6 months or something like that, that would be awesome!
With Sprint you have multiple upgrade options. And no AT&T isn't giving upgrade pricing every 6 months. Here at AT&T's facebook page they explain about this http://www.facebook.com/ATT. They just announced today they will let people who are eligible for upgrades from July until September get their upgrade early. But that's only 3 months earlier than they normally would have qualified.

Sprint gives you an upgrade discount at one year. $75 off if you sign two more years or $25 off if you sign only one more year.
At 22 months you get the same discount as a new customer if you sign into two more years. If you only sign one more year at this point it's $75 off.

Last edited by Donatom3; 06-17-2009 at 05:25 PM.
Old 06-17-2009, 05:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Ok so i went to the sprint store today, i added a new line for my wife just fine and got her the PRE, however because i am not at a year into my contract on my line yet, not until november i cannot upgrade to the pre, i would have to buy it outright. WTF is this crap, how can sprint be wanting new customers but wont even make there current customers happy.
Yeah, it does suck really bad... that being said, where have you been? Every wireless carrier operates this way?!?!? I'm more surprised about you being surprised about this than you are surprised about it.
Old 06-17-2009, 05:20 PM
DroidX_ZombieStomped
Pocket PC: DroidX
Carrier: Verizon

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to yearn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drybonz View Post
Yeah, it does suck really bad... that being said, where have you been? Every wireless carrier operates this way?!?!? I'm more surprised about you being surprised about this than you are surprised about it.
Well im more surprised that your surprised that hes surprised that...... wait, where was I again??
Old 06-17-2009, 05:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

i was on att before and i was walking in almost every 4-6 months buying a new iphone and renewing my contract for another 2 years from the time i walked in, thats why im surprised. you just think since sprint is the behind att and verizon that they would try to make there current customers happy.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre