PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2009, 06:56 PM
VIP BABY
Pocket PC: moto driod
Carrier: verzion

madcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Cannot UPGRADE!!!! WTF!!!!!

just get it from ebay i got my diamond from ebay and got it for half price so i payed 250 instead of 500 btw sprint was the seller lol
Old 06-17-2009, 06:57 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

if you're a sprint premier customer, you can upgrade every 12 months.
Old 06-17-2009, 06:58 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Donatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Donatom3 Send a message via MSN to Donatom3 Send a message via Yahoo to Donatom3

Quote:
Originally Posted by madcook View Post
just get it from ebay i got my diamond from ebay and got it for half price so i payed 250 instead of 500 btw sprint was the seller lol
Forgot about this I did that with my diamond since I wasn't eligible for an upgrade at that time. Got the diamond for $250 instead of $550.
Old 06-19-2009, 06:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO

Blaqdymun is keeping up the good workBlaqdymun is keeping up the good workBlaqdymun is keeping up the good work

Well, having been with Sprint a Decade, They Allow Premier customers $150 Bucks off a phone every 12 months. Do you know if you qualify as a premier customer?

Old 06-20-2009, 11:24 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Threadstarter

BruceBanner is becoming a great contributor

no my 12 months isnt until nov.1 but yes i am a premier customer. i think im over the hype now, i will just wait it out and maybe something better is out by november.
Old 06-20-2009, 06:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

Darkflame808 is keeping up the good workDarkflame808 is keeping up the good work

You buy a phone, they give you a bunch of discounts, you agree to a two year contract.

If you decide to drop out early they knock you with a 175$ ETF to basically reimburse themselves of the discounts they gave you when you bought the phone.

If you want to work out a deal with sprint try asking them to extend your contract. If they say no, try telling them you'll even willing to tack on an another ETF. If they still say no, just open a second line and end the first one. You pay ETF and you renew for two years.

Sprint alredy has you as a customer. They have no reason to "lure" you in to getting service with them. The PRE is marketed as the must have phone. They want everyone from AT&T, Verizon and tmobile to go OMFG! I must have this phone, I must have sprint to get it so therefore I will get sprint to have this phone.

As we end our current contracts sprint wants us to think OMFG!, This pre is what I always wanted and i'm willing to extend my service with them to do so.

For those of us who still got months to go before our contract is up (myself included) sprint could care less with helping us get this phone. They already have us under contract. Why waste a sale on someone now with short supply when they could use it to secure a new customer / new line.

When the pre fad dies down sprint will definitely be more willing to help you out because supply and demand will have been put into balance.

Oh will AT&T let you tack on years to a contract to get new phones?

Cause i'd love to just buy 30-40 phones at a discounted rate and just pay the 200$ to end my 99 year contract with the profits i'd make selling them on ebay.

Last edited by Darkflame808; 06-20-2009 at 06:20 PM.
Old 06-20-2009, 07:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

DenBurt is a n00b

I just had to vent about Sprint.
We had Sprint for many many years, and my wife would intermittently use the internet unknowingly so I had them block it.

I bought my first PPC a few years back and had nothing but crap from them. First I didn't want to pay for any internet services since the phone had WIFI so when I got it I noticed right off that it would use sprint data intermittently so I called them and told them to block it. well they didn't. So this incurred charges upon charges and call after call from me to tell them to block it and reimburse me.

After that it seemed that they would screw up my bill every almost month for the following 4 years (yeah I put up with it for way to long). They actually gave me an employee discount for all of my trouble. I thought that was nice but I spent so much time on the phone with them it sucked. During all of this I found part of the problem was that my wife would call and somehow the kept changing the plan I really don't think it was her fault but hey whatever, and they kept pushing my contract back either on a whim or because of the plan changes.

Well one day I made the mistake of hitting *2 to call them and it tells me that they were updating my phone. BIG mistake first it isn't just a phone so I got a bit ticked at that. I think they should make you aware and let me know what they were doing and why BEFORE they did it kinda like the regular windows option. After that I lost a lot of the signal that I had. I had crappy reception for the remainder of my contract.

Luckily the Touch Pro went to Alltel shortly after Sprint so I went with them, Sprint was getting way to many strikes and in my book 3 strikes your out.
Old 06-21-2009, 07:52 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

All carriers do this now. Like the second poster said,they need the 22 months to recoup the discount they gave you. They aren't going to give discounts and then have you turn around a month later and cancel,they would lose money,that's why nextel was in so much financial trouble. In cases where people would threaten to cancel because of upgrades,I submit a form to my POP team, Port Out Prevention. Try discussing that with the sales rep/store manager.

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre