PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2009, 12:22 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
PRL update?

Did you guys all start with 60652? I just ran the PRL update and it seemed like it did update, but I'm not sure. Anyway, I'm on 60652 now and I'm wondering if was an update.

I ran update network after that and it did confirm that it updated.
Old 06-19-2009, 12:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Pam Pre'

vader4633 is becoming a great contributor
Re: PRL update?

I was playing with my pre at 3am last night and it updated the prl while I was surfing the net. It did not even have to reset.
Old 06-19-2009, 12:57 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by vader4633 View Post
I was playing with my pre at 3am last night and it updated the prl while I was surfing the net. It did not even have to reset.
So you are on 60652 now?
Old 06-19-2009, 01:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Treo Pro, Palm Pre

K & M Computers is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to K & M Computers

the prl only updates which towers your phone will connect to when roaming. its basicly used to save sprint as much money as possible based on its roaming partners. doesnt really affect the phone.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-19-2009, 01:19 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by K & M Computers View Post
the prl only updates which towers your phone will connect to when roaming. its basicly used to save sprint as much money as possible based on its roaming partners. doesnt really affect the phone.
Which towers you connect to can affect your signal. So the question was... was 60652 the shipped PRL?
Old 06-19-2009, 01:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Again, the prl only pertains to when you are roaming. It stands for Prefered Roaming List. But, for the sake of argument, I'll try to remember to look up the current PRL for the pre when i get to work in the morning.
Old 06-19-2009, 01:28 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by K & M Computers View Post
Again, the prl only pertains to when you are roaming. It stands for Prefered Roaming List. But, for the sake of argument, I'll try to remember to look up the current PRL for the pre when i get to work in the morning.
In my WinMo experience, I got a variety of different results with different PRLs. I like to update and try different ones, despite comments similar to yours above, or this:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=6515

etc...

Last edited by Drybonz; 06-19-2009 at 01:33 AM.
Old 06-19-2009, 06:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Pam Pre'

vader4633 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drybonz View Post
So you are on 60652 now?
Yes I am
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-19-2009, 11:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

60652 is the current PRL for the Palm Pre
Old 06-19-2009, 11:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drybonz View Post
In my WinMo experience, I got a variety of different results with different PRLs. I like to update and try different ones, despite comments similar to yours above, or this:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=6515

etc...
It must have been some other issue then. All the PRL is used for is roaming. Its simply a list of prefered towers that sprint has an agreement with. Basicly to save sprint money on roaming.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre