PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Palm Pre (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   I cant believe this!!! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=71869)

aaron130 06-16-2009 05:42 PM

I cant believe this!!!

So, I decided this morning that I wanted a palm pre. SO I headed to my local Sprint store and got on the waiting list. After helping the Sprint guy put a new rom on his phone from ppcgeeks cuz he had NO CLUE how I had windows 6.5 and TF3D2 so I put it on his phone for him, then he told me it should only be a few days. Well I came home and not 2 hours later he called me!! Come down and pick up your Palm Pre!! So PPCGeeks helped me get my pre in ONE DAY!! LOL.. Ok I just thought Id share that story, time to start reading these threads so I can learn about this phone now! So hello pre world!!

blueaudi18 06-16-2009 05:46 PM

Re: I cant believe this!!!

where in MA are you bro.

zeo2k 06-16-2009 05:50 PM

Awesome story! I'm from MA also.

Donatom3 06-16-2009 05:55 PM

Welcome to WebOS.

edufur 06-16-2009 06:02 PM

welcome to NO THETHERING!!! LOL.

InvincibleLiving 06-16-2009 06:05 PM

worked out in the end but there's no way I'm showing a sprint tech, in a sprint store my running build of WM6.5... dont trust em enough.

Donatom3 06-16-2009 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edufur (Post 979005)
welcome to NO THETHERING!!! LOL.

You haven't been reading around here much, tethering has already been cracked.

M2Iceman 06-16-2009 06:26 PM

The guys I talked to @ the store in Attleboro already had their Diamonds with a custom ROM, we were joking about it while they set up my Pre:mrgreen:

aaron130 06-16-2009 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueaudi18 (Post 978974)
where in MA are you bro.

Im in New Bedford man.

aaron130 06-16-2009 06:26 PM

So any cool tricks anyone has learned yet?

InvincibleLiving 06-16-2009 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M2Iceman (Post 979051)
The guys I talked to @ the store in Attleboro already had their Diamonds with a custom ROM, we were joking about it while they set up my Pre:mrgreen:

it's a shame but I know for a fact that the techs at my local sprint store have NO CLUE what to do with my device, i always end up teaching them something new about their own product lol.

Drybonz 06-16-2009 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaron130 (Post 978963)
So, I decided this morning that I wanted a palm pre. SO I headed to my local Sprint store and got on the waiting list. After helping the Sprint guy put a new rom on his phone from ppcgeeks cuz he had NO CLUE how I had windows 6.5 and TF3D2 so I put it on his phone for him, then he told me it should only be a few days. Well I came home and not 2 hours later he called me!! Come down and pick up your Palm Pre!! So PPCGeeks helped me get my pre in ONE DAY!! LOL.. Ok I just thought Id share that story, time to start reading these threads so I can learn about this phone now! So hello pre world!!

Sup aaron... we have been down the same path (almost) for our last several phones WinMo>Instinct>WinMo>Palm Pre. :)

The techs at the stores know how to hard reset your phone and then tell you there is nothing wrong with it. That's about the extent of their capabilities.

InvincibleLiving 06-16-2009 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drybonz (Post 979110)
Sup aaron... we have been down the same path (almost) for our last several phones WinMo>Instinct>WinMo>Palm Pre. :)

The techs at the stores know how to hard reset your phone and then tell you there is nothing wrong with it. That's about the extent of their capabilities.

precisely lol!

edufur 06-16-2009 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donatom3 (Post 979014)
You haven't been reading around here much, tethering has already been cracked.

Good to know... because that would always be a show stopper for me. Is it as fast as the rest?

Donatom3 06-16-2009 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edufur (Post 979181)
Good to know... because that would always be a show stopper for me. Is it as fast as the rest?

I haven't done it myself because it requires going into the root of the device and I don't have as much of a need for it there is a thread here that has a link to it.

sanmanc 06-16-2009 08:16 PM

Nice story. That why I buddy up with my Sprint rep at the corp store. I've been going to her for all my phone needs for two years now. I won't have my Pre already without her.

marisdaman 06-16-2009 08:50 PM

where can i find the 6.5 rom for the mogul.. post link if u can

Drybonz 06-16-2009 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marisdaman (Post 979304)
where can i find the 6.5 rom for the mogul.. post link if u can

lol... you are in the wrong classroom, son.

aaron130 06-17-2009 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drybonz (Post 979110)

Sup Drybonez. Ya he was amazed at what I had on my phone! He was very cool though. I am LOVING this phone so far man! And I haven't evrn really got to play with it much cuz I had to go to sleep for work tonight,lol

aaron130 06-17-2009 01:42 AM

I got a quick question if anyone can help, is there a way to use data when ur roaming? I couldn't submit my last post cuz I was in roam,I had to wait till I was out of roam.

Drybonz 06-17-2009 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaron130 (Post 979829)
I got a quick question if anyone can help, is there a way to use data when ur roaming? I couldn't submit my last post cuz I was in roam,I had to wait till I was out of roam.

Yes. You can find it in your dialer settings.

aaron130 06-17-2009 06:39 AM

Thx Drybonz

jason25 06-17-2009 06:58 AM

It's funny that you guys talk about having to show your local reps how to do things on your ppc. My local reps didn't even know that there were official upgrades to 6.1, they didn't even know how to check what version of WM they were running.

aaron130 06-17-2009 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jason25 (Post 979956)
It's funny that you guys talk about having to show your local reps how to do things on your ppc. My local reps didn't even know that there were official upgrades to 6.1, they didn't even know how to check what version of WM they were running.

It is funny isnt it? After I put a Juicy ROM with TF3D2 on his diamond, he said now all I need is pandora for Windows mobile to come out, I opened my Touch Pro, opened the pandora app, and played it and showed him, he almost had a heart attack!!! LMAO He said ,MAN, I been googling and searching all over the internet for that!! Anyways, it was well worth it cuz I am REALLY loving this Pre. I just hope that I can use my slingplayer soon!! And also an app Im gonna have a hard time not having in my phone is spb finance. I hope they get an app that acts as a check register soon. It makes things so much easier, I use my debit card, put it in my phone, and not forget and have my check book all screwed up. Ive been DEAD ON in my checking Acct since puting that program in my TP.

Blaqdymun 06-19-2009 05:57 PM

Glad To See PRE added to geeks...Thanks MODS!

MogulMongler 06-28-2009 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drybonz (Post 979400)
lol... you are in the wrong classroom, son.

COMEDY! That has to be one of the funniest responses I've ever read on this BBS.

Bonez, I just hopped on to your ROM. GOod Work! You still accepting donations?

Drybonz 06-28-2009 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MogulMongler (Post 1002359)
You still accepting donations?

Sure, if the link is still in the thread... which I think it should be. Only in $100 increments though. Just kidding.

Big D5 06-28-2009 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blaqdymun (Post 985245)
Glad To See PRE added to geeks...Thanks MODS!

You are welcome that in mind we better keep this forum hopping or our site owner might decide to drop this and the other non WM Forums

OP great story