PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Palm Pre (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Thinking About Making Move to Pre instead of TP2 Help me Decide (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=71818)

davenukem 06-16-2009 11:06 AM

Thinking About Making Move to Pre instead of TP2 Help me Decide

Hey guys,
Truly considering moving to a pre from my TP. Was thinking about wating for the TP2... but the Pre just seems so awesome. Tell me what are your greatest annoyances with it and what truly sells it as your phone for some time to come? Also, what are your biggest annoyances with leaving Windows Mobile.

BruceBanner 06-16-2009 11:12 AM

Re: Thinking About Making Move to Pre instead of TP2 Help me Decide

i am in the same boat as davenukem....feedback and help to make the decision would be great

MikeElGiga23 06-16-2009 11:19 AM

Stable, polished, fluid OS = Pre

Ability to customize to no end = Pro2

Capactitive multitouch screen = Pre

Bigger higher resolution screen = Pro2

synergy over the air sync = Pre

Better Keyboard = Pro2

Better 2d GFX = Pre

Tethering = Pro2 (ATM)

3.5mm jack = Pre

Applications available = Pro2 (Pre apps will come but WM is too ahead ATM)
.................................................. ..............

there are a lot of pros and cons betwwen them but just to get you started, depends on what your needs are and what you like in a smartphone

davenukem 06-16-2009 11:36 AM

Puerto Rico! Representar! De que parte eres?

However, moving on. Awesome, that really moves me a bit foward. The only thing i'm really "afraid of" is the loss of WM since it has soooo many apps atm. However, the TP2 really is just a glorified Touch Pro so i'm wondering if the experience will truly be better than the TP. The new manilla is nice, but the pre ui is so crisp. Keep the info coming guys.

aaron130 06-16-2009 11:38 AM

Just ordered my Pre today. I was feeling the same way about the Touch Pro 2 but when I went to the store and messed with the Pre I was SOLD!! Will have mine within a week!!

shaun0207 06-16-2009 11:39 AM

Too many options for both. That's why I got a Touch Pro and a Pre.

gearjunkeez 06-16-2009 11:57 AM

Im in the same boat as shaun0207. I got the Pre and while its pretty awesome, it still has a lot of work to go to truly replace my TPro as my main phone. If you already have a TPro, the TP2 is a pretty minor upgrade in all reality, so try the Pre. But keep the TPro to switch back and forth with...

davenukem 06-16-2009 12:01 PM

Am i able to switch back and forth without having to go to a sprint store? Mind you this might seem like a noobish question but... If i knew how to do this it would actually be pretty neat lol. But keep moving this thread foward, i'm sure there are alot others who are in the same boat as me.

Btw: Those saying the TP2 is a minor upgrade, i agree but i feel it is the way the TP should have been originally.

*bigger screen
*Windows HARD BUTTON! (Thank god)
*New Manilla
*Better Keyboard
*Speaker that doesn't suck
*Much sexier

CozBoogie 06-16-2009 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davenukem (Post 978208)
Am i able to switch back and forth without having to go to a sprint store?

Yep, you can change phones via Sprint's website.

late,
Coz

CozBoogie 06-16-2009 12:07 PM

A lot of you know that my wife and I have been out of contract since October/November. We went and look at the Pre last weekend...she wants one and I'm still on the fence. Right now I'm still leaning towards the TP2. Maybe we'll get one of each....but more dicussion on this matter is certainly needed.

late,
Coz