PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Palm Pre (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Youtube (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=71789)

scrambler7 06-16-2009 12:25 AM

Youtube

I don't know if anyone tried this but it looks like youtube updates in real time. You can browse youtube.com and any video that's posted will be opened in the youtube app. I couldn't find one video on youtube.com (desktop version) that would not open in the yiutube app.

Drybonz 06-16-2009 12:27 AM

Re: Youtube

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrambler7 (Post 977587)
I don't know if anyone tried this but it looks like youtube updates in real time. You can browse youtube.com and any video that's posted will be opened in the youtube app. I couldn't find one video on youtube.com (desktop version) that would not open in the yiutube app.

That's cool. I had not noticed that. I like that the browser has kind of built in Facebook and MySpace apps as well.

scrambler7 06-16-2009 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drybonz (Post 977592)
That's cool. I had not noticed that. I like that the browser has kind of built in Facebook and MySpace apps as well.

I'm guessing the youtube app links straight to the main site for immediste compression/streaming whereas phones like the diamond/touch pro/iphone have separate databases. Pretty sweet that you can browse the main site and not have to search through the app itself. I wonder if someone sends you a youtube link if it will open up in the youtube app automatically.

As for myspace and facebook, I must be the last person alive that doesn't do that stuff. I also don't drink coffee. There must be something wrong with me.

scrambler7 06-16-2009 12:41 AM

Sweet, looks like youtube links will also open up the youtube app directly

Drybonz 06-16-2009 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrambler7 (Post 977626)
Sweet, looks like youtube links will also open up the youtube app directly

Cool. I had opened all the videos I watched through the app so didn't notice.

Donatom3 06-16-2009 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrambler7 (Post 977617)
I'm guessing the youtube app links straight to the main site for immediste compression/streaming whereas phones like the diamond/touch pro/iphone have separate databases. Pretty sweet that you can browse the main site and not have to search through the app itself. I wonder if someone sends you a youtube link if it will open up in the youtube app automatically.

As for myspace and facebook, I must be the last person alive that doesn't do that stuff. I also don't drink coffee. There must be something wrong with me.

My friend sent me a youtube link over aim yesterday. Regular old youtube website, he had no idea I was on mobile. Guess what it opened in the youtube app.

Drybonz 06-16-2009 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donatom3 (Post 978503)
My friend sent me a youtube link over aim yesterday. Regular old youtube website, he had no idea I was on mobile. Guess what it opened in the youtube app.

Love it. Very smart.