PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Palm Pre (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Pre on Family Plan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=71653)

gsvnet 06-14-2009 08:48 PM

Pre on Family Plan

Forgive me for being 'out of the loop' on this, but is it possible to upgrade a line on a family plan (no SERO involved here) to a Palm Pre? This line has Sprint's PowerVision unlimited data plan ($25/mo). Or, is it absolutely necessary to get one of the 'everything' plans? I know you can't use a Pre with SERO, but I wasn't sure about a family plan...

Drybonz 06-14-2009 08:50 PM

Re: Pre on Family Plan

Quote:

Originally Posted by gsvnet (Post 975114)
Forgive me for being 'out of the loop' on this, but is it possible to upgrade a line on a family plan (no SERO involved here) to a Palm Pre? This line has Sprint's PowerVision unlimited data plan ($25/mo). Or, is it absolutely necessary to get one of the 'everything' plans? I know you can't use a Pre with SERO, but I wasn't sure about a family plan...

Yeah, you should be fine doing this. But best thing to do is ask your Sprint rep.

madcook 06-14-2009 08:59 PM

i love my everything plan at a price of 115 bucks a month but worth it

puff 06-14-2009 10:27 PM

Quote:

must be everything plan (or one of the newer more expensive seros)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drybonz (Post 975118)
Yeah, you should be fine doing this. But best thing to do is ask your Sprint rep.

while u may or may not get a 'better' deal, sprint has been adamant about this plan requirement (and i refuse to change my plan) :-(

Scottcrsi 06-15-2009 01:16 PM

Quote:

I was in your same situation. I had a family messaging plan with unlimited data attached to only one line. If you want to activate a pre on any line within a family plan you must upgrade the whole plan to everything data. I spent hours on the phone with sprint trying to get it on my old plan, but as of right now there is no way around it.

Read the adventure part of my review in the Official Palm Pre User Review Thread for more info.

Donatom3 06-15-2009 01:49 PM

It has to be an everything plan, even for family plans. You got two choices. Upgrade the whole plan to a family plan, or move the Pre only line to it's own everything plan. Most likely the everything family plan will be most economical if you have unlimited text and internet on the other lines.

ldostang 06-15-2009 01:52 PM

yeah, they told me the same thing. i have 4 phones on the plan and they told me i would have to change the whole plan as a whole or keep three phones with the plan i have now and get the pre with the new everything plan. but yeah its cheaper to change everybody to the new everything family plan for me.

Donatom3 06-15-2009 01:55 PM

I went from 3 Sero $50 lines to one EPRP family plan of $165 a month. So I only get 550 less minutes which is fine for me. I may have even gotten away with the 1600 minute family plan. I do get sprint navigation now, black berry information services so anyone on the plan can get a blackberry if they want, and no restrictions on which phones I can have. It cost me only $5 more per line. Definitely worth it to me. If I went with the 1600 minute family plan I would have been saving $25 a month.

gsvnet 06-15-2009 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donatom3 (Post 976320)
I went from 3 Sero $50 lines to one EPRP family plan of $165 a month. So I only get 550 less minutes which is fine for me. I may have even gotten away with the 1600 minute family plan. I do get sprint navigation now, black berry information services so anyone on the plan can get a blackberry if they want, and no restrictions on which phones I can have. It cost me only $5 more per line. Definitely worth it to me. If I went with the 1600 minute family plan I would have been saving $25 a month.

Is that 3 lines with unlimited data/texting on each?

Thanks everyone for your input. To be honest it looks like I'm going to wait it out for the Touch Pro2...which hopefully won't carry this 'everything' restriction.

Donatom3 06-15-2009 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gsvnet (Post 976334)
Is that 3 lines with unlimited data/texting on each?

Thanks everyone for your input. To be honest it looks like I'm going to wait it out for the Touch Pro2...which hopefully won't carry this 'everything' restriction.

EPRP is the same as the Everything family plan just at a discount. It's what took over for SERO. They moved me to it, since I was on SERO already.

Regular family 3,000 minute plan is $179.99 a month plus $20 per line after the first two, EPRP $149.99 for 3200 minutes and $15 for the 3rd line.