PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2009, 07:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G/Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

nicandalf is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Protection for the Prē

I'm debating whether I should get some type of protection for my precious baby. Does anyone have experience with either the Invisible Shield or Bodygardz?

Here are the websites for both:

http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/...ns-shields.php

http://www.bodyguardz.com/Palm_Pre_p/palmpre.htm

I went to a kiosk in the middle of the mall for Invisible Shield, and for them to "install" the shield it would cost $40 vs. $30 to install myself (although the website indicates a price of $24.95). Is it worth them installing or is it easy enough to do it myself?

OR, is there a better product out there??

HTC Mogul --> Palm Prē --> HTC EVO 4G
Old 06-12-2009, 11:15 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: palm pre
Carrier: sprint

cell128 is a n00b
Re: Protection for the Prē

I got a ghost armor for mine works like magic. Ghost-armor.com
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-12-2009, 11:23 PM
DroidX_ZombieStomped
Pocket PC: DroidX
Carrier: Verizon

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to yearn

I wish IS was a little less rubbery feeling, but its pretty indestructable. You wont have any worries about damaging your screen.
As far as 10 bucks for them to install it, if you dont have any experience in installing them then Id let them do it.
Or go buy a 5 pack of cheap universal ones from walmart for 5 bucks and practice before messing up a 25 or 30 dollar protector.
Good Luck!!

If I helped you out,Hit the THANKS
Old 06-13-2009, 04:41 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicandalf View Post
I'm debating whether I should get some type of protection for my precious baby. Does anyone have experience with either the Invisible Shield or Bodygardz?

I went to a kiosk in the middle of the mall for Invisible Shield, and for them to "install" the shield it would cost $40 vs. $30 to install myself (although the website indicates a price of $24.95). Is it worth them installing or is it easy enough to do it myself?

OR, is there a better product out there??
I have used an Invisible Shield on my last 2 touchscreen devices. I liked it a lot, however... I would not recommend it for a Pre, in particular... here's why...

As you have probably read, it has a very slightly tacky feel to it. While this didn't really hinder on my WinMo device, because everything is mostly based on accurate taps, the Pre is very swipe gesture oriented, and I could see the tacky feel of the Invisible Shield messing with that experience pretty quickly.

I have read that the Ghost Armor does not have the same feel to it, but I have no hands on with these myself.

I ordered a set of 4 replaceable, anti-glare precut cheapies off eBay for my Pre. I will let you know how they work out when they arrive if you like.
Old 06-13-2009, 11:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drybonz View Post
I have used an Invisible Shield on my last 2 touchscreen devices. I liked it a lot, however... I would not recommend it for a Pre, in particular... here's why...

As you have probably read, it has a very slightly tacky feel to it. While this didn't really hinder on my WinMo device, because everything is mostly based on accurate taps, the Pre is very swipe gesture oriented, and I could see the tacky feel of the Invisible Shield messing with that experience pretty quickly.

I have read that the Ghost Armor does not have the same feel to it, but I have no hands on with these myself.

I ordered a set of 4 replaceable, anti-glare precut cheapies off eBay for my Pre. I will let you know how they work out when they arrive if you like.
Thanks! I appreciate that, if the cheapie ones work that's even better. Also, thanks for the feedback on IS.
Old 06-13-2009, 11:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cell128 View Post
I got a ghost armor for mine works like magic. Ghost-armor.com
Thanks! I will check it out.
Old 06-14-2009, 02:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo Soon!

soggystockings is just getting started

Try here...I bought 3

http://www.bestskinsever.com/servlet...re-Skin/Detail

Old 06-15-2009, 01:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul

supark is a n00b

just ordered best skin ever. I would recommend getting something that makes the pre less slippery, I've dropped mine twice cause the damn surface is so damn slick!
Old 06-15-2009, 08:07 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by supark View Post
just ordered best skin ever. I would recommend getting something that makes the pre less slippery, I've dropped mine twice cause the damn surface is so damn slick!
The replacement back that comes with the Touchstone is really nice for this. It has a pleasant matte finish.
Old 06-15-2009, 12:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6850/6900

Table83 is becoming a great contributor

GET INSURANCE FOR YOUR PHONE THROUGH SPRINT! People debate whether to do this. Make sure that you do get the full TEP on your new baby. If something happens to the phone Sprint will take care of it. Their customer service sucks, but their insurance is better than the rest! I know $100 deductible if it's lost, blah blah blah. I've done the math it's worth it 100%! Cheaper plans you get what you pay for!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre