PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2009, 12:01 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Protection for the Prē

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicandalf View Post
I love the smooth texture of it, makes gesturing very easy. Less prone to fingerprints, as well. Not bad, not bad at all.
I may pick one up for my Diamond. Keep hearing good things about them.
Old 07-13-2009, 01:43 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch
Carrier: sprint

domu is just getting started

bubbling sux. Another solution i have done was poke a small hole in the center of the bubbles if their large and push the air out the pin hole. Saves some hassle of removing and reapplying.
Old 07-13-2009, 02:18 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Palm Treo Pro

biseroner is a n00b

I got the Zagg protector but I didnt install it, I went to the Invisible shield mall cart and the girl charged me 5 bucks to install it and she did a good job.=D>
Old 07-23-2009, 03:34 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: palm pre
Carrier: sprint

milenkoben is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicandalf View Post
What do you mean that you can not connect to a PC with the touchstone?
i didnt read the entire rest of the thread to see if this was addressed, but data cannot be passed through the touchstone itself, its just an inductive charger. what you do is either buy an extra cable or just unplug your standard charging cable from the touch stone and plug it in to the side of your pre. the charge/data point is on the font half of the pre, not the back so that has nothing to do with it. and no a mini usb cable wont fit because you use the palm usb cable.

obviously he didnt do his research before buying, and he definitely didnt do his research after finding a "problem"

i had a zagg IS on my iphone and my touch pro, im not realy a fan. i hated the soft feel of it. i am looking forward to trying the ghost armor for the pre
Old 07-24-2009, 07:18 PM
The Admin-Ninja
Pocket PC: Note 2; Note 10.1

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

IS is kinda rubbery feeling. A lint and finger magnet on my TP. But.... I got a huge scratch on the screen the other day. 20 mins later... It was just gone.

So protection = good

But it had some issues for me. Not sure if I am going back with on the new TP or not. I imagine if it were not so many little pieces I probably would. You can wipe off fingerprints and lint... That scratch... Not so much.
Earned my Brown Belt..."Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill."
Muhammad Ali
Old 07-24-2009, 08:51 PM
Exigent Circumstance
Pocket PC: LG - G2x // P999
Carrier: T-Mobile ™

info[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIP

just got invisible shield today(screen only) cause still going to get the touchstone and you have to change the back cover... and it looks great...different feel but that ok... ps tried to put a faceplate from bestbuy on...and i kind of messed up my edges...it wouldnt fit...

but that all the protection i got right now...
Old 07-26-2009, 02:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4g, Optimus S

DexterDawg is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyMax View Post
Or as another option: I added my Pre as a rider to my homeowner's insurance policy...still $100 deductible, but only $17 per year for full value replacement.
Keep in mind a claim on your homeowners policy sticks with you for 5 years and "mysterious disapearance" is one of the worst claims you can have. Also there is no repair support from your insurance company. I've had TEP for years and have only had to pay for a replacement one time.
Old 07-30-2009, 10:00 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, Palm Pre

jmelan is a n00b

i would really advocate just paying for TEP, when my mogul buttons stopped working a while back, i was able to switch it out for a new touch pro, the same pattern will likely play out for new verison of the palm pre with sprint

i would secong not making a claim on a homeowner's policy as well
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre