PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2009, 02:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

bugzy is keeping up the good workbugzy is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Battery issues with Pre, 3-4 hrs?? and overheating

Looks like a ton of threads with people having battery life issues

http://forums.palm.com/palm/board/me...e&thread.id=94
http://forums.palm.com/palm/board/me...&thread.id=632
Old 06-12-2009, 03:35 PM
VIP Member

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Battery issues with Pre, 3-4 hrs?? and overheating

My battery life has been good. Not great, not bad, but pretty good.

Compared to my last device, HTC Diamond's battery life out of the box, good is super great. Diamond was horrible out of the box.

I don't run IM services or location services in the background. This helps. Location based apps sometimes update on launch, slowing the launch a few seconds... that's the only drawback, but it's no biggie.
Old 06-12-2009, 03:54 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Donatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Donatom3 Send a message via MSN to Donatom3 Send a message via Yahoo to Donatom3

I've been trying to post but it's broken
Old 06-12-2009, 04:03 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Evo 4G & Palm Pre & Touch Pro 2

Scottcrsi is keeping up the good workScottcrsi is keeping up the good work

My battery life has been good as well. I have left bluetooth enabled since I got it and today, just to test, I have wifi enabled. I am 4 hours into my day and after a quick nav trip, bunch of txts, read a few emails and downloaded the new missing sync program, I am at 82%. Thats pretty good in my book, much better than the battery ever did on my diamond!

I have to wonder how many of the people complaining on that forum moved from a smartphone to the pre and how many came from a regular phone? I am used to having to plug in my phone when I'm in the car to ensure the battery makes it through the day. I bet a lot of people are used to going a couple of days without charging so the pres battery life is an unwelcome change for them. Just speculation, I could be wrong.

I have had it overheat on me once. Not on the charger but when I was in a building with bad reception. When it overheated it chewed up a good amount of the battey. But from my experience battery drain happens with most all phones in bad reception.

Also one more thing, I tend to play with all the features of my phone constantly for the first few days while its still shiny and exciting. That alone causes battery life to decrease! I usually don't see real battery life until after a week or so of fully charging and discharging and I go back into my everyday usage.

I would give it a bit more time before coming to any conclusions!

Touch Diamond
Juicy 3.7 Rom (Thanks Juicy!)

Touch Pro
Stock Sprint Rom
Old 06-12-2009, 04:12 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

battery life lasts from 7:30 AM to 9:30pm. i use internet two hours a day, fifty texts, twenty five emails through a POP account. about twenty minutes of phone calls a day. it does heat up, like the diamond and TP but it isnt bad. usually when im on the internet, it gets warm and when its on the charger it gets warm. But not to bad.

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"
Old 06-12-2009, 04:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

bugzy is keeping up the good workbugzy is keeping up the good work

Looks like its certain phones. My coworker's phone was acting up, 3 hrs life. Then he pulled his battery and reseated it. So far its been good. Wonder if its a common issue with the connection being off?

Our other coworkers got a Pre, his battery life is excellent, both with Exchange connections
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre