PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2009, 12:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: pre
Carrier: sprint

tri0xinn is keeping up the good worktri0xinn is keeping up the good worktri0xinn is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How much will the Pre cost me?

So I called last week before the launch and asked a sprint store if I was eligible for an upgrade.. she asked how long I'd had the phone and I said for almost a year. She said probably not unless I was a premiere account holder.. she put me on hold and came back a minute later and told me it looks like I was a premiere account holder and told me I would get the upgrade but it would be July 1st. I didn't think of asking her how much I would pay for the Pre.. was just assuming the 199 after rebate. But I've read others getting smaller discounts from a 1 year upgrade... is this different than a premiere account?
Old 06-11-2009, 01:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: How much will the Pre cost me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tri0xinn View Post
So I called last week before the launch and asked a sprint store if I was eligible for an upgrade.. she asked how long I'd had the phone and I said for almost a year. She said probably not unless I was a premiere account holder.. she put me on hold and came back a minute later and told me it looks like I was a premiere account holder and told me I would get the upgrade but it would be July 1st. I didn't think of asking her how much I would pay for the Pre.. was just assuming the 199 after rebate. But I've read others getting smaller discounts from a 1 year upgrade... is this different than a premiere account?
Premiere account doesn't mean anything except that they will give you an early upgrade without you having to raise a fuss to get it. My account is "premiere" as well.

It's just a way they make you feel special without having to really do anything special for you.

The discount that they give you for extending your contract for 1 year is less than the discount for extending it for 2 years. The 199 after rebate cost that you are seeing is the cost after 2 year upgrade regardless of whether they call your account premiere or not.
Old 06-11-2009, 01:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP12PREDIAMONDMOMENTEVO
Carrier: anyone

veronicamays is becoming a great contributor

Not true as a premiere customer you are entitled to your 2 year upgrade pricing every year instead of every 2 years.
Old 06-11-2009, 02:08 PM
VIP Member

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by veronicamays View Post
Not true as a premiere customer you are entitled to your 2 year upgrade pricing every year instead of every 2 years.
If you call and complain enough you can get that anyway. Trust me.
Old 06-11-2009, 02:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

tri0xinn is keeping up the good worktri0xinn is keeping up the good worktri0xinn is keeping up the good work

Ok . cool then.. I'm assuming I'll get it for 199 after rebate with a renewal of 2 years. Thanks for the Input!

One more question... I'd really like to get it before July 1st... think Sprint store or Sprint customer service would do it? Or would I be wasting my time... it's less than 3 weeks.. thats assuming any sprint store in my city have the Pre in stock....
Old 06-11-2009, 02:19 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Donatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Donatom3 Send a message via MSN to Donatom3 Send a message via Yahoo to Donatom3

Quote:
Ok . cool then.. I'm assuming I'll get it for 199 after rebate with a renewal of 2 years. Thanks for the Input!

One more question... I'd really like to get it before July 1st... think Sprint store or Sprint customer service would do it? Or would I be wasting my time... it's less than 3 weeks.. thats assuming any sprint store in my city have the Pre in stock....
You need to talk to customer care about that. If they notate on your account that they did offer it to you, and that you can do it in store, then any sprint corporate store should give it to you for what customer care offered. The answer that I got from customer care was that they would do this on all other phones, but not the Pre right now since it's too new and short in supply. Obviously demand for the Pre outweighs the supply. It doesn't give them as much incentive to give the discounts early on them.
Old 06-11-2009, 07:16 PM
VIP Member

Quote:

If you talk to the "retentions" department over the phone and tell them you are going to drop your contract if they don't give you the early upgrade now, they will probably do it.

It takes a little smooth talking... don't be mean... just firm.
Old 06-12-2009, 02:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Well.. I tried today with no luck. Cs put me on hold and told me he was gonna talk to upgrades dept.(orsomething) .. came back and told me they couldnt do it. Seems stupid they can't do this even with less than 3 weeks till real upgrade time. Might have to try the "retentions" method... but I guess I could just wait the 3 weeks...
Old 06-12-2009, 09:56 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Well.. I tried today with no luck. Cs put me on hold and told me he was gonna talk to upgrades dept.(orsomething) .. came back and told me they couldnt do it. Seems stupid they can't do this even with less than 3 weeks till real upgrade time. Might have to try the "retentions" method... but I guess I could just wait the 3 weeks...
Yes... you weren't persistent enough.

1) The reps won't want to transfer you to retentions at first. You have to be firm.
2) Don't let the rep do the talking for you.

3 weeks is not long to wait if you don't mind to do it.
Old 06-12-2009, 10:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

ldostang is keeping up the good workldostang is keeping up the good work

ok ive been reading this and i have a question. i have been persistent before and gotten the two year discount instead of 1 year. but ive heard other people were even more persistent and got the new number price instead of just the $150 discount. is this true?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre