PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Palm Pre (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   How much will the Pre cost me? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=71362)

tri0xinn 06-11-2009 12:09 PM

How much will the Pre cost me?

So I called last week before the launch and asked a sprint store if I was eligible for an upgrade.. she asked how long I'd had the phone and I said for almost a year. She said probably not unless I was a premiere account holder.. she put me on hold and came back a minute later and told me it looks like I was a premiere account holder and told me I would get the upgrade but it would be July 1st. I didn't think of asking her how much I would pay for the Pre.. was just assuming the 199 after rebate. But I've read others getting smaller discounts from a 1 year upgrade... is this different than a premiere account?

Drybonz 06-11-2009 01:50 PM

Re: How much will the Pre cost me?

Quote:

Originally Posted by tri0xinn (Post 968603)
So I called last week before the launch and asked a sprint store if I was eligible for an upgrade.. she asked how long I'd had the phone and I said for almost a year. She said probably not unless I was a premiere account holder.. she put me on hold and came back a minute later and told me it looks like I was a premiere account holder and told me I would get the upgrade but it would be July 1st. I didn't think of asking her how much I would pay for the Pre.. was just assuming the 199 after rebate. But I've read others getting smaller discounts from a 1 year upgrade... is this different than a premiere account?

Premiere account doesn't mean anything except that they will give you an early upgrade without you having to raise a fuss to get it. My account is "premiere" as well.

It's just a way they make you feel special without having to really do anything special for you.

The discount that they give you for extending your contract for 1 year is less than the discount for extending it for 2 years. The 199 after rebate cost that you are seeing is the cost after 2 year upgrade regardless of whether they call your account premiere or not.

veronicamays 06-11-2009 01:53 PM

Not true as a premiere customer you are entitled to your 2 year upgrade pricing every year instead of every 2 years.

Drybonz 06-11-2009 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by veronicamays (Post 968864)
Not true as a premiere customer you are entitled to your 2 year upgrade pricing every year instead of every 2 years.

If you call and complain enough you can get that anyway. Trust me.

tri0xinn 06-11-2009 02:17 PM

Ok . cool then.. I'm assuming I'll get it for 199 after rebate with a renewal of 2 years. Thanks for the Input!

One more question... I'd really like to get it before July 1st... think Sprint store or Sprint customer service would do it? Or would I be wasting my time... it's less than 3 weeks.. thats assuming any sprint store in my city have the Pre in stock....

Donatom3 06-11-2009 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tri0xinn (Post 968921)
Ok . cool then.. I'm assuming I'll get it for 199 after rebate with a renewal of 2 years. Thanks for the Input!

One more question... I'd really like to get it before July 1st... think Sprint store or Sprint customer service would do it? Or would I be wasting my time... it's less than 3 weeks.. thats assuming any sprint store in my city have the Pre in stock....

You need to talk to customer care about that. If they notate on your account that they did offer it to you, and that you can do it in store, then any sprint corporate store should give it to you for what customer care offered. The answer that I got from customer care was that they would do this on all other phones, but not the Pre right now since it's too new and short in supply. Obviously demand for the Pre outweighs the supply. It doesn't give them as much incentive to give the discounts early on them.

Drybonz 06-11-2009 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tri0xinn (Post 968921)

If you talk to the "retentions" department over the phone and tell them you are going to drop your contract if they don't give you the early upgrade now, they will probably do it.

It takes a little smooth talking... don't be mean... just firm.

tri0xinn 06-12-2009 02:47 AM

Well.. I tried today with no luck. Cs put me on hold and told me he was gonna talk to upgrades dept.(orsomething) .. came back and told me they couldnt do it. Seems stupid they can't do this even with less than 3 weeks till real upgrade time. Might have to try the "retentions" method... but I guess I could just wait the 3 weeks...

Drybonz 06-12-2009 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tri0xinn (Post 970266)
Well.. I tried today with no luck. Cs put me on hold and told me he was gonna talk to upgrades dept.(orsomething) .. came back and told me they couldnt do it. Seems stupid they can't do this even with less than 3 weeks till real upgrade time. Might have to try the "retentions" method... but I guess I could just wait the 3 weeks...

Yes... you weren't persistent enough.

1) The reps won't want to transfer you to retentions at first. You have to be firm.
2) Don't let the rep do the talking for you.

3 weeks is not long to wait if you don't mind to do it.

ldostang 06-12-2009 10:46 AM

ok ive been reading this and i have a question. i have been persistent before and gotten the two year discount instead of 1 year. but ive heard other people were even more persistent and got the new number price instead of just the $150 discount. is this true?