PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2009, 11:41 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Donatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Donatom3 Send a message via MSN to Donatom3 Send a message via Yahoo to Donatom3
Re: How much will the Pre cost me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldostang View Post
ok ive been reading this and i have a question. i have been persistent before and gotten the two year discount instead of 1 year. but ive heard other people were even more persistent and got the new number price instead of just the $150 discount. is this true?
The 22 month discount gets you the same pricing as a new line. $150 is the general amount off per regular phone, Smart phones are usually $250 to $350 off.
Old 06-12-2009, 12:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

ldostang is keeping up the good workldostang is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatom3 View Post
The 22 month discount gets you the same pricing as a new line. $150 is the general amount off per regular phone, Smart phones are usually $250 to $350 off.
wow. i didnt know this. i called but they would only give me $150 discount which i would end up paying $400.
Old 06-12-2009, 12:07 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond

Gamez is a n00b

I emailed them about the price on purchase speciffically to my 1 year upgrade. This is what I was told and I quote. " The regular price for Pre is $549.99. However, after the instant saving of $250.00 and mail in rebate of $100.00 this phone will cost you for $199.99. Therefore, on the purchase of Pre, you will get an instant discount of $250.00 and then you need to fill the mail in rebate. Sincerely, Sam S. Sprint" So I am assuming it will cost 299 on hand before you do the mail in rebate.
Old 06-12-2009, 12:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamez View Post
I emailed them about the price on purchase speciffically to my 1 year upgrade. This is what I was told and I quote. " The regular price for Pre is $549.99. However, after the instant saving of $250.00 and mail in rebate of $100.00 this phone will cost you for $199.99. Therefore, on the purchase of Pre, you will get an instant discount of $250.00 and then you need to fill the mail in rebate. Sincerely, Sam S. Sprint" So I am assuming it will cost 299 on hand before you do the mail in rebate.
thats what they told me on the phone first but when i asked them, "then i will get it at 200 after mail in rebate" they told me "no". that i would only get the 150 off upgrade. i need to call back

Last edited by ldostang; 06-12-2009 at 12:20 PM.
Old 06-12-2009, 12:44 PM
Almost a VIP

Donatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Donatom3 Send a message via MSN to Donatom3 Send a message via Yahoo to Donatom3

One of the lines I upgraded to the pre was eligible for the 22 month upgrade. That line paid $299 in store for the pre with a mail in rebate of $100. So he got the same price as the second line I opened.
Old 06-12-2009, 12:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

thanks people. i need to call and get the same thing. i have 4 lines with them and have been with them for almost 10 years. i hope they can do something.

edit: ok. i called and get what u all said. only if i can find the phone now.

Last edited by ldostang; 06-12-2009 at 01:23 PM.
Old 06-12-2009, 01:51 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond

Gamez is a n00b

lol so I just talked to customer service. Was told I should physically print out the emails I received to help me actually get the price I was told on the email. What a pain.
Old 06-12-2009, 02:33 PM
Almost a VIP

Sprint stores have been giving 22 month renewal customers the same price as new customers on phones for a while now. Actually the 22 month customer saves $25 because they wont' try to charge you an activation fee. They charged me $25 on the line that I opened up brand new. At that point I didn't care because I had a pre on launch day and didn't want to argue.
Old 06-12-2009, 03:37 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatom3 View Post
They charged me $25 on the line that I opened up brand new. At that point I didn't care because I had a pre on launch day and didn't want to argue.
Yeah... you don't want to argue it at the point they are holding your hard to find device... but you can always call later and they will remove superfluous fees usually.
Old 06-12-2009, 05:03 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drybonz View Post
Yeah... you don't want to argue it at the point they are holding your hard to find device... but you can always call later and they will remove superfluous fees usually.
Oh yeah anything the store messes up I get fixed later with customer care. The store messed up my EPRP plan and gave me a regular everything family plan. I called later and got that put back to my EPRP family plan.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre