PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2009, 12:08 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

keri2000 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hi fellow pre/ppcgeeks lovers!

I am so glad ppcgeeks opened up a pre section. This is one of my favorite forums and I am a long time wm user. Glad I can still come here to talk about my phone. Everythingpre and precentral are also good places to visit if you guys need help. I like chilling on this forum because the people are so nice.

Anyway I love my new phone. Got it on release day. It has some things that need to be fixed but I am totally willing to wait because the interface is awesome and the coverage in my area is great.
Old 06-11-2009, 12:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: P100EWW

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff
Re: Hi fellow pre/ppcgeeks lovers!

I was asking for a Pre sections months ago, and I'm glad we finally got one. It seems that Precentral.net/Treocentral are the breeding-grounds for all the new/cool info, but hopefully it will catch on here as well. We have some amazing minds hanging in these forums. I'm amazed at how much you can change with root SSH access to the Pre over WIFI... Great things to come for sure!
Old 06-11-2009, 12:21 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Donatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Donatom3 Send a message via MSN to Donatom3 Send a message via Yahoo to Donatom3

Funny thing I actually came on to say goodbye to the forum for now since I moved away from Windows Mobile. Not until then did I see that they had a Palm section, and one dedicated for the Pre.
Old 06-11-2009, 12:22 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Threadstarter

keri2000 is a n00b

I am eagerly waiting for the sdk. Gonna try my hand in some development. I feel like people are more laid back here and right now there isn't so much drama. I think the right people will find this forum. I also know that the people here will feel my pain regarding the transition from wm. Kinda miss all the hacks and programs but am confident the pre will catch up.
Old 06-11-2009, 12:48 PM
Almost a VIP

Donatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Donatom3 Send a message via MSN to Donatom3 Send a message via Yahoo to Donatom3

The Stability, look, and interface has converted me so far, I really don't care about missing the customizations and hacks we had on Windows Mobile. I don't really see myself even straying from an official Palm WebOS build for a custom one. It just works that well. I say bring on the apps.
Old 06-11-2009, 01:09 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: P100EWW

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff

Eh, I want the ability to at least change the colors, and give me SMS ringtone/email options.

I REALLY want SMS sounds per-contact, like my Fusic had.
Old 06-11-2009, 04:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo

M2Iceman is becoming a great contributor

I to was almost switching to other sites, been here awhile and like the ROMS I used for my Diamond and my wifes. Looking forward to the tweaks that should be coming soon.
Old 06-11-2009, 04:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ALL WINDOWS MOBILE 6.1+5+beta21319?
Carrier: SPRINT CUSTOM ROM BOYIE

BlackOceaN is just getting started
Red face Re: Hi fellow pre/ppcgeeks lovers!

All i can say is one deserves a award for this nice device and the factory rom is sweet no need to cook this one it already perfect.
Old 06-11-2009, 05:02 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackOceaN View Post
All i can say is one deserves a award for this nice device and the factory rom is sweet no need to cook this one it already perfect.=D>
http://www.engadget.com/2009/06/10/j...r-as-palm-ceo/

I say he got his reward. Looks like with the creator of the iPod at the head of Palm we are in for a good ride.

"You sort of knew this was coming after he shepherded the Pre to launch, but Palm just announced that Jon Rubinstein is taking over as CEO, replacing Ed Colligan after sixteen years in the top spot. After a short break, Colligan will join the very vocal Roger McNamee at major Palm investor Elevation Partners, so he won't be totally out of the loop, but the shuffle is still somewhat unexpected -- and the Palm / Apple bloodlines just got even deeper with the Rubinstein, the ex-head of the iPod and Mac divisions, now totally in charge."
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre