PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Palm Pre (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Hi fellow pre/ppcgeeks lovers! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=71361)

keri2000 06-11-2009 12:08 PM

Hi fellow pre/ppcgeeks lovers!

I am so glad ppcgeeks opened up a pre section. This is one of my favorite forums and I am a long time wm user. Glad I can still come here to talk about my phone. Everythingpre and precentral are also good places to visit if you guys need help. I like chilling on this forum because the people are so nice.

Anyway I love my new phone. Got it on release day. It has some things that need to be fixed but I am totally willing to wait because the interface is awesome and the coverage in my area is great.

ScrapMaker 06-11-2009 12:13 PM

Re: Hi fellow pre/ppcgeeks lovers!

I was asking for a Pre sections months ago, and I'm glad we finally got one. It seems that Precentral.net/Treocentral are the breeding-grounds for all the new/cool info, but hopefully it will catch on here as well. We have some amazing minds hanging in these forums. I'm amazed at how much you can change with root SSH access to the Pre over WIFI... Great things to come for sure! :)

Donatom3 06-11-2009 12:21 PM

Funny thing I actually came on to say goodbye to the forum for now since I moved away from Windows Mobile. Not until then did I see that they had a Palm section, and one dedicated for the Pre.

keri2000 06-11-2009 12:22 PM

I am eagerly waiting for the sdk. Gonna try my hand in some development. I feel like people are more laid back here and right now there isn't so much drama. I think the right people will find this forum. I also know that the people here will feel my pain regarding the transition from wm. Kinda miss all the hacks and programs but am confident the pre will catch up.

Donatom3 06-11-2009 12:48 PM

The Stability, look, and interface has converted me so far, I really don't care about missing the customizations and hacks we had on Windows Mobile. I don't really see myself even straying from an official Palm WebOS build for a custom one. It just works that well. I say bring on the apps.

ScrapMaker 06-11-2009 01:09 PM

Eh, I want the ability to at least change the colors, and give me SMS ringtone/email options.

I REALLY want SMS sounds per-contact, like my Fusic had.

M2Iceman 06-11-2009 04:38 PM

I to was almost switching to other sites, been here awhile and like the ROMS I used for my Diamond and my wifes. Looking forward to the tweaks that should be coming soon.=D>

BlackOceaN 06-11-2009 04:57 PM

All i can say is one deserves a award for this nice device and the factory rom is sweet no need to cook this one it already perfect.=D>

Donatom3 06-11-2009 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOceaN (Post 969241)
All i can say is one deserves a award for this nice device and the factory rom is sweet no need to cook this one it already perfect.=D>

http://www.engadget.com/2009/06/10/j...r-as-palm-ceo/

I say he got his reward. Looks like with the creator of the iPod at the head of Palm we are in for a good ride.

"You sort of knew this was coming after he shepherded the Pre to launch, but Palm just announced that Jon Rubinstein is taking over as CEO, replacing Ed Colligan after sixteen years in the top spot. After a short break, Colligan will join the very vocal Roger McNamee at major Palm investor Elevation Partners, so he won't be totally out of the loop, but the shuffle is still somewhat unexpected -- and the Palm / Apple bloodlines just got even deeper with the Rubinstein, the ex-head of the iPod and Mac divisions, now totally in charge."