PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2009, 05:34 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: htc evo3D
Carrier: Sprint

Sim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Sim-X Send a message via Yahoo to Sim-X
Anyone order a phone from retention or telesales?

I'm out of contract, currently on sero, was going to upgrade to new sero. My theory being new phones that are gonna come out will prob need this plan anyways but not sure if they are offering them yet.
Old 06-08-2009, 11:58 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

harrybozack is just getting started
Re: Anyone order a phone from retention or telesales?

As far as I know, you can't upgrade to SERO in its current form. You have to go for something that sounds like "Employee Anytime" or something like that. It costs more but it's still a good deal. Apparently even employees cannot get a Pre yet either. So I called up Sprint (from outside the store) and the woman from plan changes told me pretty much the same thing. I insisted I was willing to pay full retail for the phone and sign up for another 2 year contract but said I couldn't get my sweet plan. I was/am pretty mad.
Old 06-09-2009, 01:51 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Sim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuff

yea I know I have 2 let sero go, but what I was thinking about doing was transferring my old plan to a family member since I have to get a new plan to get the pre anyways. I just hate to give it up all together
Old 06-09-2009, 11:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Treo Pro, Palm Pre

K & M Computers is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to K & M Computers

phone is not available via telesales or online or acct svcs yet. should be another week or 2
Old 06-10-2009, 12:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

thomlanphear is just getting started

Read this

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=71239

Only available in stores not only or by ordering yet and per a convo today with customer service no idea of when they will be available to order
Old 06-10-2009, 06:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Treo Pro, Palm Pre

K & M Computers is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to K & M Computers

There is your first problem. You listened to Customer Care. It should be another week or 2 from the information I have read.
Old 06-12-2009, 09:36 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

ivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

well I tried getting the pre and they promised it would be delivered.. i called again and no order had been made. I spoke to so many people that im fed up and now im asking to cancel my service but they want to charge me a cancellation fee. One agent placed on the notes that they would give me a palm pre and now they say "well we cannot fulfill any promises made by ANYONE else even though is notated on the account"

so BBB here I go maybe they can help me here.

If I've helped you please remember to
click "THANKS" or click the button. Thanks!
Old 06-12-2009, 11:22 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivan1.ruiz View Post
well I tried getting the pre and they promised it would be delivered.. i called again and no order had been made. I spoke to so many people that im fed up and now im asking to cancel my service but they want to charge me a cancellation fee. One agent placed on the notes that they would give me a palm pre and now they say "well we cannot fulfill any promises made by ANYONE else even though is notated on the account"

so BBB here I go maybe they can help me here.
I feel ya there, I had a frustrating issue like that when I ordered my Samsung M510 a long time ago. Always got the run around when I tried to get an RMA to return a defective unit they sent me. I was transferred to and from and no one wanted to deal with it. Reg cust care said I had to talk to renetions, rentions wouldn't help, telesales said customer service it was just brutal. Took over 2 hours and multiple calls back and forth. I think it might have even took 2 days, I think the first day I gave up. After talking to enough people and starting to get firm I did eventually get what I needed. The problem with sprint it's so hit or miss. I like sprint a lot but there customer service everyone has a different answer.

Not a whole lot you can do, I would say yoru best shot is gonna be retentions, they should have the most power but it's such a crap shoot. Just depends on who wants to help you.
Old 06-13-2009, 04:35 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivan1.ruiz View Post
well I tried getting the pre and they promised it would be delivered.. i called again and no order had been made.
Same exact thing happened to me with my Diamond originally.

You need to talk to the retentions department. Do not speak with anyone else.
Old 06-14-2009, 08:16 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

ivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Yeah the same thing happened to me with my diamond. Now I spoke to retentions several times but nothing they could do they said. Finally I made a BBB case and I bet they will call me ASAP. I have been dealing with the issue for about a month now calling in almost every day about 2 to 3 hours a day.

My signal sucks like 0 to 1 bar of signal on both of my touch pro but I get 3- 4 on my samsung rant.

Im about to quit and go to AT&T for coverage
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre