PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2009, 08:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: P100EWW
Carrier: Sprint

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Pre Overheating Issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drybonz View Post
If they conclude that there is "nothing wrong" with the phone, you have to pay a restocking fee to exchange... even within your 30 days.

Basically, what it boiled down to is that they had limited number of Pre's... which they wanted to sell as opposed to letting one go as a replacement.
It just seems like you had glaringly-obvious defects.
Old 06-18-2009, 02:04 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
I just don't see how Sprint charged you a fee...
Customer service removed the fee for me today when I called them.

If mom says no... go ask dad.
Old 06-18-2009, 03:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: P100EWW

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff

I'm glad they resolved the issue. It sounds like the people in the store were just being jerks that day. I had taken my phone into a Sprint store in another town, because I was visiting family, and showed them the splotches. Well, their crappy display had the same splotches, so they told me that, "all of them have them, so we cannot exchange your phone unless you want to go through insurance."

I think a LOT of people on here are looking for FOOL-PROOF evidence that a perfect Pre exists, so they can arm themselves with the proper information/pictures/etc and go and get a replacement. Make Palm liable for crappy QC. I said the same about HTC, and I wouldn't go any more lenient on Palm, even though I think the phone is really amazing, and so is the OS.

Poor craftsmanship never has an excuse.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre