PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2009, 09:15 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Availability

Not available at any Sprint store in my area. Not because they are sold out... they didn't receive any.

Called Best Buy CS. None available within 100s of miles of me. The guy told me there were some available in the midwest. lol. He had no information about when any of those stores even remotely close to me would have them in stock.

Called Radio Shack CS. Asked about availability. Guy checked some stuff... put me on hold for a few minutes... came back and told me he had no information about the product. I asked him if that meant Radio Shack was not selling the phone (which obviously they are supposed to be) and he said that he thought that they were but he had no information about it.

So... I would probably buy one, at this point, if I could find one. Could Sprint have done better on launch? I read today that Dan Hesse said that they were intentionally not advertising the phone because "the demand for the device is already there".

Doesn't seem to make sense to me.
Old 06-10-2009, 12:40 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Availability

Found one.

Gonna take a little road trip and pick it up now.
Old 06-10-2009, 12:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

ldostang is keeping up the good workldostang is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drybonz View Post
Found one.

Gonna take a little road trip and pick it up now.
lucky........

hopefully ill get mine by fathers day. still give me time if i wanna change my mind or not. give us ur review.

by the way... is ur bonz rom dead now????
Old 06-10-2009, 12:56 PM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

good thing you found one!!!

side note: why would sprint stop advertising?? i know the demand is there but relying on the momentum from launch will prolly die oue after a short while... sprint gotta keep the flame alive and advertize the hell out of it so skeptical people sooner or later give it a go and also down the road when contracts are up, etc. so sales keep flowing smoothly and persistantly
Old 06-10-2009, 01:01 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

How far is your roadtrip going to take you??
Old 06-10-2009, 01:31 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Donatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Donatom3 Send a message via MSN to Donatom3 Send a message via Yahoo to Donatom3

Trust me it's going to be worth the drive. After the Pre it's going to take a complete overhaul of Windows Mobile for me to ever go back.

Edit: Why aren't you posting from your Pre yet?

Last edited by Donatom3; 06-10-2009 at 03:32 PM.
Old 06-10-2009, 07:44 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaDarla View Post
How far is your roadtrip going to take you??
It was about an hour drive.
Old 06-10-2009, 08:34 PM
In the state of confusion
Pocket PC: EVO ONE(M7), Galaxy S4

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc

I was able to pick one up yesterday. I had a rep at the corp store call me and tell me they only got 10 in and they were getting ready to call all 50 people on the wait list. I got there within 15 minutes and they were sold out. Except for mine which was hidden in a counter. I owe my rep lunch.

Old 06-10-2009, 09:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

sorge is becoming a great contributor

Radioshack is carrying it at 199 for new, and 219 for upgrade, no mail in rebate. The problem is only certain district and stores are getting them. For a store to be eligible to sell it, they not only have to have the phones....duh but they have to have a working demo, give it a couple months and you can get yours no problem.
Old 06-10-2009, 11:43 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100

we only got 5 more in yesterday in my store..next shipment says 8. we have about 60 people on the wait list. Most of the Pre's inventory are going to corporate stores, and not radio shacks and best buys. Just to put it in perspective, our store got 70 for launch, the local best buy got 2. HA! @ freaking Pre's! lol.

ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre