PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Palm Pre (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Is there ANYWAY to get my Pre on my old plan? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=71211)

hoch2104 06-09-2009 11:14 PM

Is there ANYWAY to get my Pre on my old plan?

I know there HAS to be someway..any ideas? Has anyone called with a PRE ESN and tried to put it on their account?

K & M Computers 06-09-2009 11:45 PM

Re: Is there ANYWAY to get my Pre on my old plan?

nope, the only options are one of the everything data plans, simply everything, or there is one business plan. I forget what its called.

onlinespending 06-10-2009 04:29 PM

what if you buy one unsubsidized (say second hand or unsubsidized from Best Buy)? Could you then just swap out your existing phone for the Pre and keep your existing plan? If someone has tried this, let us know. Thanks.

Donatom3 06-10-2009 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onlinespending (Post 967107)
what if you buy one unsubsidized (say second hand or unsubsidized from Best Buy)? Could you then just swap out your existing phone for the Pre and keep your existing plan? If someone has tried this, let us know. Thanks.

You can't. The billing system doesn't let the reps do this. Even if the rep wanted to give you the Pre on that plan they can't do it because the Pre ESN's won't activate on those plans.

MrNolan 06-10-2009 04:57 PM

I have the ancient Free Incoming plan from Nextel and i'll lose it if I get the pre. I'll gladly give it up when someone figures out how to tether.

I asked the reps from several different stores and they all say i can't keep my plan.

K & M Computers 06-10-2009 05:53 PM

unfortunatly, at present, tethering/phone as modem is not supported. But there will be a way around it eventually, that much i'm sure of.

Success100 06-10-2009 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K & M Computers (Post 967270)
unfortunatly, at present, tethering/phone as modem is not supported. But there will be a way around it eventually, that much i'm sure of.

can tether via BT

Darkflame808 06-11-2009 06:26 AM

Has anyone even tried punching it in the esn system?

The reason I ask is because everyone has been saying that you can't add a data card to 30$ sero but i've been going back and forth between my data card and ppc and I havn't had problems yet. I switch a few times a month depending on if i'm out on travel etc.

Zyphlin 06-11-2009 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Success100 (Post 967918)
can tether via BT

Technically true, bu t not in the way most people talk about.

You can tether your Pre and a laptop over bluetooth.

At the moment though it won't allow you to share internet connection even if tethered.

onlinespending 06-11-2009 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donatom3 (Post 967133)
You can't. The billing system doesn't let the reps do this. Even if the rep wanted to give you the Pre on that plan they can't do it because the Pre ESN's won't activate on those plans.

Anyway to clone the ESN of another phone you own and activate online?