PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2009, 12:14 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Donatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Donatom3 Send a message via MSN to Donatom3 Send a message via Yahoo to Donatom3
Re: Is there ANYWAY to get my Pre on my old plan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
Sounds like someone has SERO plan envy.

Eventually you will be able to, just like the Instinct.

Sorry no individual post links on this forum:
http://forums.buzzaboutwireless.com/...message.id=484
Btw you're basing your argument on one person who's only posted to say he got something noone else has. He's also claiming he's got 15 people on it. I got some great swampland to sell you.

-Posted from my Pre
Old 06-14-2009, 03:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: P100EWW

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff

People, its only $59.99 for the cheapest Pre plan, that includes much more for your money than any of the competitors... Give me a break. I've seen people waste seemingly countless hours complaining about this and trying to figure out a solution, when they only need to come up with $20 more per month. That's less than an hour of work! Get crackin', fellas
Old 06-14-2009, 03:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint TP

IsLNdbOi is keeping up the good workIsLNdbOi is keeping up the good work

If you get paid more than $20 an hour, good for you.

Sure the $59.99 Pre plan is less than plans from competitors, but so is the $30 SERO plan.
Old 06-14-2009, 05:00 PM
Almost a VIP

Donatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Donatom3 Send a message via MSN to Donatom3 Send a message via Yahoo to Donatom3

Quote:
If you don't should you be buying the latest and greatest smart phone all the time.
Old 06-14-2009, 05:02 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:

Sure the $59.99 Pre plan is less than plans from competitors, but so is the $30 SERO plan.
IMO, I really am beginning to think that the SERO plan was bad bad business for Sprint. Not only did it bring in such low $$ monthly for them it really has created a climate of Sprint users that absolutely will not budge on other plans.

Sure it's a great deal for users but once you have it is too hard to switch out. It feels like you are losing an arm when you have to go to a higher plan. (believe me it was sooo hard for me to upgrade to a "more expensive" plan). And even so, the higher Sprint plans are still much cheaper than ATT or Verizon.

The $59.99 data plan is actually sooo cheap compared to ATT and Verizon plans.
Old 06-14-2009, 05:04 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatom3 View Post
If you don't should you be buying the latest and greatest smart phone all the time.
That is sooo true.

Just wait like 6 months and the Pre will be cheaper and probably available on old "cheaper" plans too. Who says you need it now?
Old 06-14-2009, 05:09 PM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlinespending View Post
Anyway to clone the ESN of another phone you own and activate online?
ZERO-TOLERANCE REMINDERS
Old 06-14-2009, 06:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: P100EWW

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff

Exactly, the "is there ANY way" threads tend to get locked, because the 'any' usually leads to nefarious methods of doing this.

Yes, there is SOME way to do it. Let's leave it at that. Just pay up.
Old 06-14-2009, 07:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint TP

IsLNdbOi is keeping up the good workIsLNdbOi is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatom3 View Post
Sorry, was that a question?

Is so, yes. If you don't make $20 an hour you shouldn't be blowing your money on expensive, useless toys since you can get the same functionality from a $10 pre-paid phone.

I'm not the type to spend on expensive phones though. I wait 'til the price and hype go down a bit. I'm happy with my Mighty Mike-ified TP. If the TP2 can be had for a decent price this time next year, I'm going with that. I decided long ago with the Treo 700P that I didn't want to be Palm's beta tester.
Old 06-15-2009, 12:35 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

ebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
I decided long ago with the Treo 700P that I didn't want to be Palm's beta tester.
+1

Also, I played with my friends Pre. That keyboard is inexcusably small. They could have made the buttons way bigger. I'd rather use a soft-keyboard than get 10 different joint disorders in my fingers from trying to type on a Pre.

I'm waiting for the TP2 as well.

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre