PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2009, 09:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

thomlanphear is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
The story of my search for a Pre

I maintain an account of 47 phones/data cards for a goverment agency. I have been waiting for the Pre to come out for months because we wanted to replace some phones, get rid of a couple of Instinks etc. Our local store who is not a direct Sprint store went to order it on Saturday because we are Govt it has to be directly sent to us only to find out she can't order them yet because she is not a "Sprint" store even though that is all she sells.

So Monday my trials began. I contacted Sprint and was advised all I needed to do was go to a Sprint store not an indirect store and I could get the phone they could deal with our account even though it is a Govt account with no problem. So I called the "local" Sprint store which is about 45 minutes away and they said they had 8 in stock. So I drove down by the time I got there they had 2 left. Finally I am getting my Pre.... NOPE

The guy tells me I have to pay full retail price and get reimbursed from my office I said no put it on our bill and we will pay it that is the way we get all of our new phones. He makes a couple of calls says he can't do it. I told him about my early conversation with Sprint and he said well you will have to go to a Sprint Corporate store for that. The nearest Corporate store was an hour to a hour and half away. So now I am aggravated.

I spent the ride home trying to get more info from Sprint sales on the phone of where to go and how to deal with it but I kept getting caught in the menus and couldn't get thru to anyone.

So yesterday morning I started again. I called Customer Service explained what happened, she said she would have to have me talk to Enterprise Sales and gave me the number, it was the same number I had just dialed. I told her that and she said she would stay on the phone until I spoke with someone. I spent 20 minutes explaining the situation and asking what store I could go to to get this accomplished. After 20 minutes she says well you can't go to a store and have them bill your account for the phones. I said that isn't true we do it all the time with our local store. So she asks me what is the name of your local store? I tell her and ask why she needs that she says well I am going to call them and see if they can order the phone for you and bill it to your account. I lost it. I asked have you listened to anything I said for the last 20 minutes, they can't get it, I told her never mind I am tired of this and hung up on her. I waited for a few minutes and called back and got the original person I talked to the first day her name was Nina Hasburgh, what a great help. She spent an hour trying to find out why I couldn't order it and have it billed to the account, she called stores and finally found one that would order it and have it sent to me directly and billed to the account. However as everyone is probably aware by now they are all backordered and good luck finding one.

So yesterday a Verizon guy stops by to see if we want to look into switching. What a perfect time to show up. I tell him my tale of the pre. He wants to meet and put together a deal and says we will have the Pre in a few months so if you switch you could get the Pre and not have to go thru all of this. we have a meeting scheduled for next week.

This morning I get a mailing from Sprint all about the Pre and if I want to get it call this number and mention this priority code. So I was say what the heck I'll call and give it one more shot. I call explain why I am calling get transferred around to a hundred different people no one wants to hear the priority code and all they say is you have to go to a store.

Sprint if you read this, this is why people keep leaving Sprint. You can get cell phone coverage from just about anyone but it is customer service that keeps people happy. Cell Phones are like cars they all have good and bad points but in the end they all get you to the same place. I manage an account that averages just under $2000 a month for our cell phone bill. I know we aren't the biggest but you would think that Sprint would want to make us satisfied.

Thanks for letting me vent.
Old 06-10-2009, 09:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Alltel

OhioState87 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to OhioState87 Send a message via MSN to OhioState87
Re: The story of my search for a Pre

Wow, that's ridiculous. Sounds like you just need to meet with the Verizon guy and get something set up with them! And, of course, try to get as much info as possible out of him as to when they will be getting the Pre and let us know!
Old 06-10-2009, 09:56 AM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

The Pre is exclusive to Sprint for at least 6 months, and I think they are saying maybe a bit longer, I would get some facts from him when you have your meeting
Old 06-10-2009, 10:03 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

i completely understand your frustrations. but sprint has the pre exclusively through 2009.
Old 06-10-2009, 11:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I know they have the exclusive for 6 months but based on my experience the last couple of days it will probably take that long for Sprint to have it available to me anyway!!!!!
Old 06-10-2009, 11:07 AM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomlanphear View Post
I know they have the exclusive for 6 months but based on my experience the last couple of days it will probably take that long for Sprint to have it available to me anyway!!!!!
I think you have to consider that this is a HUGE phone for sprint and it's going to be a little more difficult to come by, right when the phone comes out, then say if you wanted an Instinct or even a TP right now.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-10-2009, 11:12 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Can you make the upgrades online?
Old 06-10-2009, 12:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonlordoftheround View Post
Can you make the upgrades online?

No it is only available at Sprint stores and that means Sprint Corporate or Direct stores not indirect stores
Old 06-10-2009, 12:16 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

i would think telesales would have them. after all, that's how most of us bought our tps!
Old 06-10-2009, 12:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro2/Touch Pro/Diamond

Atomic2Mod is keeping up the good workAtomic2Mod is keeping up the good work

man, sprint dropped the ball with you!
However - in my experience, a rep - no matter what provider he works for - will tell you just about anything you'll want to hear to get your contract. That's a nifty commission there.

If he makes any promises that he can switch out phones for you when they are available, you'd better get it in writing. Not that verizon will acknowledge that, but the courts do.

If you let on up front that you're not a sucker and will hold them to it, they might be a bit more honest with you.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre