PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2009, 07:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

bigmoe88 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to bigmoe88
For those who have a Pre...

Please list your plan and any discounts of any sort that Sprint offered you. It would be nice to know if anyone was able to get there plan down to a more reasonable price than the standard price of an "Everything" plan.
Old 06-08-2009, 08:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC

onetwothree is just getting started
Re: For those who have a Pre...

everything family data plan 129.99 with a 27 percent discount on it thanks for working at chase... I just added a additional line to my account for the pre, so I am at 5 lines right now.
Old 06-08-2009, 08:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC touch
Carrier: Sprint SERO

badchad is becoming a great contributor

I'm curious about the issue as well. It probably comes as no surprise I was unable to transfer my SERO plan. For what its worth, the store manager told me that "everything plus" plans were the only plans available on the Pre at the moment (no discounted plans available). With a limited stock, this makes sense. It reamins to be whether this will change.

I'm curious of others' opinions on the matter. Do you think Sprint will continue to restrict SERO plans to new devices? (TP2, Diamond 2 etc).

I know this was the case for the instinct, is a similar restriction still place on the instinct?
Old 06-08-2009, 10:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Indie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularIndie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularIndie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularIndie is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

More reasonable price on the everything plan? They already have the best prices for such a plan. The prices are already a steal when compared to the other major carriers.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-09-2009, 01:05 PM
Wiredengineer
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Acer Iconia Tab!

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I am glad I read this post and others. I find the fact that you have to change plans to the simply everything in order to get the PRE, absolutely and utterly ridiculous. This alone has made my decision to stick with my touch pro.
Old 06-09-2009, 01:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

Zyphlin is keeping up the good workZyphlin is keeping up the good work

Switched off my former $16.00 + 15$ data plan to the 450 Simply Data plan that's $69.99, and I believe my agency gives me a discount that I plan to apply for it.

I can't blame Sprint for this at all. They instituted SERO because they needed to get saved and for people that act like somehow Sprint "owes" them for the fact they went SERO is ridiculous. People using that plan got as much out of it as Sprint.

Now, SERO is not in Sprints best interest at all. They could be jerks and essentially disallow renewals on a SERO plan, phasing it out that way for everyone without a choice. They're not doing that. If you have SERO or something akin to it you're more than welcome to keep it. HOWEVER, if you want to upgrade to the latest and greatest tech then you have to make the CHOICE to go to a different plan. This is the only way they'll be able to phase out a plan that is simply not cost effective to them while at the same time not completely shafting their customers and frankly I find it laughable to see people complain about it as if Sprints OWES it to them for any longer than their contract.

Maybe I'd feel different if it was a jump to the exorbidant fees of AT&T, but the everything plans on Sprint are just about the cheapest ones you can get out of the four major carriers.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-09-2009, 02:32 PM
Wiredengineer

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by PropagandaX View Post
I am glad I read this post and others. I find the fact that you have to change plans to the simply everything in order to get the PRE, absolutely and utterly ridiculous. This alone has made my decision to stick with my touch pro.
Sorry but I am wrong and I withdrawl my gripe. I thought I read that you had to have a "simply everything plan" to get a pre. Well it appears you only need an "unlimited data plan" (somebody else please confirm), which I obviously have with a touch pro so I am good. Unlimited data for a pda device is not too unreasonable in my opinion. Could be worse, they could put you on an "iphone type" plan and give you no options
Old 06-09-2009, 04:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: palm pre

tech013 is a n00b

Sprint requires the everything plan to get the PRE, I purchased one for my wife on Saturday, I called customer care to verify & argue that I already had a unlimited data plan, I was told the everything plan was required not just unlimited data.
Old 06-09-2009, 06:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Diamond

al3azim is keeping up the good workal3azim is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech013 View Post
Sprint requires the everything plan to get the PRE, I purchased one for my wife on Saturday, I called customer care to verify & argue that I already had a unlimited data plan, I was told the everything plan was required not just unlimited data.
I was told the same thing but different reps at Sprint. That is one of the reasons why I still have Diamond
When in doubt, make a fool of yourself. There is a microscopically thin line between being brilliantly creative and acting like the most gigantic idiot on Earth. So what the hell, leap! -- Peter McWilliams
Old 06-09-2009, 08:31 PM
Wiredengineer

Straight from the horses mouth......

http://www.nextel.com/en/stores/popu...ls_popup.shtml

Last edited by PropagandaX; 06-09-2009 at 08:42 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre