PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2009, 12:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre/Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

scrambler7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscrambler7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscrambler7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscrambler7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Youtube

I don't know if anyone tried this but it looks like youtube updates in real time. You can browse youtube.com and any video that's posted will be opened in the youtube app. I couldn't find one video on youtube.com (desktop version) that would not open in the yiutube app.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-16-2009, 12:27 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Youtube

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrambler7 View Post
I don't know if anyone tried this but it looks like youtube updates in real time. You can browse youtube.com and any video that's posted will be opened in the youtube app. I couldn't find one video on youtube.com (desktop version) that would not open in the yiutube app.
That's cool. I had not noticed that. I like that the browser has kind of built in Facebook and MySpace apps as well.
Old 06-16-2009, 12:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

scrambler7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscrambler7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscrambler7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscrambler7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drybonz View Post
That's cool. I had not noticed that. I like that the browser has kind of built in Facebook and MySpace apps as well.
I'm guessing the youtube app links straight to the main site for immediste compression/streaming whereas phones like the diamond/touch pro/iphone have separate databases. Pretty sweet that you can browse the main site and not have to search through the app itself. I wonder if someone sends you a youtube link if it will open up in the youtube app automatically.

As for myspace and facebook, I must be the last person alive that doesn't do that stuff. I also don't drink coffee. There must be something wrong with me.
Old 06-16-2009, 12:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Sweet, looks like youtube links will also open up the youtube app directly
Old 06-16-2009, 12:48 AM
VIP Member

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Sweet, looks like youtube links will also open up the youtube app directly
Cool. I had opened all the videos I watched through the app so didn't notice.
Old 06-16-2009, 02:27 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Donatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Donatom3 Send a message via MSN to Donatom3 Send a message via Yahoo to Donatom3

Quote:
I'm guessing the youtube app links straight to the main site for immediste compression/streaming whereas phones like the diamond/touch pro/iphone have separate databases. Pretty sweet that you can browse the main site and not have to search through the app itself. I wonder if someone sends you a youtube link if it will open up in the youtube app automatically.

As for myspace and facebook, I must be the last person alive that doesn't do that stuff. I also don't drink coffee. There must be something wrong with me.
My friend sent me a youtube link over aim yesterday. Regular old youtube website, he had no idea I was on mobile. Guess what it opened in the youtube app.
Old 06-16-2009, 02:46 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatom3 View Post
My friend sent me a youtube link over aim yesterday. Regular old youtube website, he had no idea I was on mobile. Guess what it opened in the youtube app.
Love it. Very smart.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre