PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2009, 02:40 PM
In the state of confusion
Pocket PC: EVO ONE(M7), Galaxy S4
Carrier: Sprint

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc
Remote erase bricks Palm Pre

I don't have one yet but for those that do check this out:

Well I no longer have a Palm Pre – until tomorrow, anyway…
Why? I was forced to activate my Pre after purchase while at the Sprint store, which robbed me from enjoying (and documenting) the “first run” experience. To remedy this and out of curiosity, I tried doing a remote erase instead of using the reset functionality on the phone.
Unfortunately, this bricked my Pre instead of resetting it!
A Palm representative kindly picked up my Pre, and is reflashing it overnight. As much as I’m impressed with Palm making a house call, perhaps the “Erase Device” button above should be relabeled “Disable Device”?
I’m pretty bummed to be without my Pre within 12 hours of picking it up :/

- from tnkgrl mobile

Old 06-09-2009, 01:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: SPRINT

orionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Remote erase bricks Palm Pre

oh wow has anyone else experienced this? or has anyone even tried to do a remote erase

HTC Mogul>HTC Touch>HTC TP>HTC Snap>Palm Pre>HTC TP2(PUKE)>HTC Hero>HTC Evo
htc... is it in ur blood?
Old 06-10-2009, 10:24 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

vyoung10 is a n00b

I did a remote erase on Day 1....and it DID NOT brick my phone. At first I thought it did and I was on the phone w/ a rep working out my other line. Needless to say some 20 minutes later(I did keep the PRE on) the phone suddenly wakes up.

Im not sure if I was just lucky....or other people didnt wait long enough for the phone to come alive again? But I can say the remote erase did not brick mine at all.....considering im still using the same phone.
Old 06-10-2009, 01:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: Sprint

dzentn02 is a n00b

the new update 1.0.2 takes care of this issue. just check for updates and update the unit
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre