PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Palm Pre (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Palm Pre Battery Life (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=71036)

CozBoogie 06-08-2009 01:52 PM

Palm Pre Battery Life

Ok...the question on everyone's mind is "battery life". Hit us up with your "battery life" review, etc. And what's the deal with the warning of not removing the battery? Does that hard reset the phone?

late,
Coz

2k4mach 06-08-2009 06:43 PM

Re: Palm Pre Battery Life

removing the battery doesnt hard reset the phone or at least it didnt for me.

i pulled mine off the charger at 4am and at 2:30 it was at 83% but the only use it had was getting my gmail and a quick 1 minute phone call.

Viral 06-08-2009 06:46 PM

I removed the battery on mine and it did not hard reset. After I turned off AIM and GPS my battery life has improved somewhat. Was fully charged at 6:30 am I am at 22% now at 6:45, that is with moderate usage, couple hours Pandora donloading a couple apps and so on.

Red_Fox 06-08-2009 08:57 PM

I use the pre wifi connection at work today and my battery life drain after 2hrs.Maybe the gps should have been cut off.

slyder33 06-08-2009 10:11 PM

The battery pull warning is due to WebOS maintaining a constant connection, reading, writing and caching data and if the battery is pulled there is the possibility of corrupting data. As far as battery life goes it varies depending on usage. Streaming youtube, pandora or using telenav is going to use more but normal use is about equal to my BBery at the end of the day and if I was using GPS or streaming music I did connect the charger during that time.

DrSuSE 06-09-2009 08:48 AM

So far, for me, battery life has been great! I left my house yesterday morning at 6am with the battery at 71%. I used it constantly throughout the morning for texting, playing with new apps in the catalog, a few calls, getting all of my Synergy stuff organized, etc... by noon (so 6 hours later) I was still at 64%. I used it even more heavily the rest of the day including a 1.5 hour phone call before finally tossing it onto the charger when I got home at 7pm (it wasn't dead yet, but was low... forget exactly how low... 20s I think).

johndeere92 06-09-2009 08:10 PM

My experience with the phone since 8:00 A.M. on saturday morning has been this:
Got it at 8:00 and went home to charge it and take a nap.
Woke up around 11 and it died at about 2. So I got 3 hours of use out of it. I start looking into it and I found that my GPS was enabled and almost all the other features on the Location Service page were as well. So I changed it to
Auto Locate- OFF
Use GPS- OFF
Background Data Collection- OFF

I also obviously have Bluetooth off and Wifi Off unless available. If WiFi is available USE IT! It will save battery! As for email I have heard they have an issue with Gmail and Hotmail. Unfortunately I have a hotmail account which even when set to manual would notify everytime I received an email, so I just deleted my email from the phone.
Now under screen and lock preference I have my brightness on a little bit above 15% and set to turn off after 30 seconds.
With all the above mentioned settings I can easily get 12 hours of minimal use out of it and definitely the 5 hours of internet/talk time that they advertise.